I don't think I need any more reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
So I think I should be done collecting reptiles. In the last 3 days I got 3 more. One tokay gecko, 1 Chinese water dragon, and 1 sahvana monitor. Granted the dragon and the monitor where free because this guy didnt want them anymore. Yea but I think I am done. I will probably sell the water dragon and maybe the monitor because the guy said he never handled him and he is 1 year old. I am going to see how it goes with feeding time and go from there.

Ps- beardies are still the best reptile :p

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
yeah they pile up quick don't they lol......i got board during the last burmation of my beardie and bought a couple of leo geckos. they are cool little guys but i like bigger lizards. i'm thinking bout a water dragon, tegu, monitor something along them lines. ......guess i'll feed the geckos to the breadie lol j/k :lol:

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Lol. The water dragon is pretty cool. She was handled a lot and is very tame. They do require a lot of care though. The humidity is very important. The savahana monitor is kinda tame. He hisses at us but hasn't tried to bite. He has tail rot right now. I am trying to fix it. He let me medicate his tail yesterday which was nice.

sounds like me, i've had my beardie since september and just recently got a chameleon and a leopard gecko (not to mention the 3 cats, 2 dogs and cockatiel i also have lol) and i agree...the beardies are still the best! :D

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
tgolden":1zbj3vuy said:
Ooh no that Sux. What are you using for the rot?

Right now using beodine iodine. I hope to kill most of the infection. If anymore knows what else I should do that would be great.

froggyfields":1zbj3vuy said:
sounds like me, i've had my beardie since september and just recently got a chameleon and a leopard gecko (not to mention the 3 cats, 2 dogs and cockatiel i also have lol) and i agree...the beardies are still the best! :D

lol it is like having a zoo :p

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
I've been lucky and not had to deal with it. I did notice a incomplete shed on Ra's tail but was able to get it off with a couple of baths and a tooth brush lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk
Hi everyone, I have a question please. I have a thick branch I got from outside. It has been in freezing temperatures so I know that it is insect free. I took it off the ground and sat it up during a night we got down to 15 so the entire thing would freeze. Well tonight I put white vinegar all over it too cleanse it since it won't fit in my oven. Do I need to rinse with water tomorrow or is it fine left alone dried?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jai67
Top Bottom