I can’t get a vet appointment until the 23rd. Should I get one with a diff doc?

Brad85

My bearded dragon has been to the vet a few times lately for different things. Recently she started shedding bad and the very tip of her tail is black. I’m worried it may be rot. I called her dr and I can’t get into see her until the 23rd unless they have a cancellation or she’ll double book to see her. I won’t know for sure until her dr is back in office to see if she will see her sooner. Should I try to get a different vet to see her? We only have 2 vets around that sees exotics and it’s hard to get into either. Thank you.

Attachments

• 9B24AA48-E13D-4969-BD6A-555A736D59EC.jpeg
    9B24AA48-E13D-4969-BD6A-555A736D59EC.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 73A0D73F-1D4E-4A1B-95A6-D9AF7AE96E66.jpeg
    73A0D73F-1D4E-4A1B-95A6-D9AF7AE96E66.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 74

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon has been to the vet a few times lately for different things. Recently she started shedding bad and the very tip of her tail is black. I’m worried it may be rot. I called her dr and I can’t get into see her until the 23rd unless they have a cancellation or she’ll double book to see her. I won’t know for sure until her dr is back in office to see if she will see her sooner. Should I try to get a different vet to see her? We only have 2 vets around that sees exotics and it’s hard to get into either. Thank you.
The tail is fine - let the shed do it's thing

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, the tail is fine, just some shed. You can put some silver gel or cream on it, or some
antibiotic ointment to help moisturize the end.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If you try the antibiotic ointment make sure it doesn't have pain releaver in it.

Brad85

Original Poster
Thank you everyone. I’ve been using antibiotic ointment on her tail. I’m going to keep her appointment though just to be sure it’s not the start of something serious happening. She shed her tail already and that’s before the black spot appeared, I just want to be extra careful.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom