I am in trouble! (I fed bugs in the morning- big mistake)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Why did I break the morning routine? I made the greens but gave 1 superworm because I was excited about Rocky's new dish (the escape free dish). Rocky will not eat the greens but she is glass surfing. Rocky is getting aggressive towards me by laying low, putting her tail up then hitting, yes, hitting the glass.
I didn't give in because I don't want her to change her morning routine.
It's totally my fault so I have to suffer the circumstances.
After about 2 minutes, I played dumb and stuck my hand in (not too close to her) and said, "Do you want to come out?!" Rocky gave me the "side eye" and did not move towards me. Since she was acting up, I decided to remove the hammock and wash it. Oh, I am REALLY in trouble now. She's sitting on her log but looking up/around like "I know what you did!" as she basks. I have to invest in another one.

The poor baby's stress marks may never go away now. * She pooped like normal and is now chasing her shadow.

*Tomorrow makes 2 weeks, when should the stress marks go away? Rocky didn't have the marks prior to moving to her permanent home and her behavior is totally fine (minus me upsetting her today). Her shedding is just about complete. I am guessing when I get the other light it may help. I know the temps are okay but it could be better. I am using the Flukes lamp and Zoo Med hood.

Last edited:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Update: I put the hammock back and usually she will go right to it. She is still on her log. Rocky is watching my hands and giving me the death stare. Rocky has about 1 more hour until we will be back on track. Ugh- we will NOT go through this again!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Update: I put the hammock back and usually she will go right to it. She is still on her log. Rocky is watching my hands and giving me the death stare. Rocky has about 1 more hour until we will be back on track. Ugh- we will NOT go through this again!!
Please let the dragon acclimate to her tank and surroundings - is your lighting correct and surface basking temps? You should be using a long tube fixture for a UVB correctly placed for the tank and screen and basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby -- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - the stress marks will go away when she has acclimated to the tank - her eating will be really good - I would not get her out but putting your hand in the tank petting her is good - but not letting her out to run yet -- hand feed her some BSFL those are good salad toppers if you need links or more help please ask

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Please let the dragon acclimate to her tank and surroundings - is your lighting correct and surface basking temps? You should be using a long tube fixture for a UVB correctly placed for the tank and screen and basking temps should be 105-110 for a baby -- taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - the stress marks will go away when she has acclimated to the tank - her eating will be really good - I would not get her out but putting your hand in the tank petting her is good - but not letting her out to run yet -- hand feed her some BSFL those are good salad toppers if you need links or more help please ask
Oooooh, okay - I just stopped hand feeding her and put her food in a dish. That may have something to do with it a well. I thought we had to give them a week and I am going into week two. I only pet her today because she was not letting me take her out. This is good advice. Since Rocky eats well, I am going to assume it's patience while she acclimates. Thank you.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Oooooh, okay - I just stopped hand feeding her and put her food in a dish. That may have something to do with it a well. I thought we had to give them a week and I am going into week two. I only pet her today because she was not letting me take her out. This is good advice. Since Rocky eats well, I am going to assume it's patience while she acclimates. Thank you.
Yes she needs to learn to trust you it may take time-- keep hand feeding and letting her get used to your hand in the tank

KarmaMoon

Beardie name(s)
Nova
how long have you had the baby, mine it took maybe 2-4 weeks before she didn't have those stripes on her tummy.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom