I ain't seenz no grazzhopperz

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The 1st three I gave her she snatched outta mid air. I wish I had gotten that on video, she snatched them with a quickness lol.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
She is a real hunter!
that would be a great video of her catching them outta mid air. Was it a wild grasshoppers from the desert?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yeah, i go outside of town far enough to not have to worry about pesticides. Conditions were right this year for them to swarm. My guys say it's gonna be a good year lol. (3 out of 5 love them, 1 is indifferent and 1 refused to try them lol)

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
we don't have a swarm of grasshoppers. but there are fields with clover. over the weekend I brought 3 large clover bushes for Foxy. Turns out he really likes it. or he just likes variety

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
we don't have a swarm of grasshoppers. but there are fields with clover. over the weekend I brought 3 large clover bushes for Foxy. Turns out he really likes it. or he just likes variety
Probably both 🙂. They get bored with food same as us.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Probably both 🙂. They get bored with food same as us.
I also noticed another feature in the behavior.
If you offer greens on his plate, you will get a stinky look.
But it’s worth dropping a piece of greenery on the floor, then Foxy, while walking around the room, will definitely find and eat it.
Because HE found it! 😆

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I also noticed another feature in the behavior.
If you offer greens on his plate, you will get a stinky look.
But it’s worth dropping a piece of greenery on the floor, then Foxy, while walking around the room, will definitely find and eat it.
Because HE found it! 😆
I've noticed that with my guys also. They will pick up the random greens that gets scattered but won't eat out of the dish.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom