I’m just lost…

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A couple more important questions, what size is your dragon, what size were the crickets + mealworms he ate and is he pooping regularly ? Your set up looks good and the baby looks healthy but looks very small. Can you post pics of the baby and the insects you fed him [ to show comparison in size ] Very small baby beardies can get impacted from insects that are too large.

adamshaheen

Original Poster
A couple more important questions, what size is your dragon, what size were the crickets + mealworms he ate and is he pooping regularly ? Your set up looks good and the baby looks healthy but looks very small. Can you post pics of the baby and the insects you fed him [ to show comparison in size ] Very small baby beardies can get impacted from insects that are too large.
Yes sure. The insects are very small. He poops yesterday but has been without uvb for two days. Im currently on my way to purchase him a new one as we speak. Here are the pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes sure. The insects are very small. He poops yesterday but has been without uvb for two days. Im currently on my way to purchase him a new one as we speak. Here are the pictures
those look good --- poop looks good to --- let me know when you get the UVB so we can get it placed in the tank

adamshaheen

Original Poster
those look good --- poop looks good to --- let me know when you get the UVB so we can get it placed in the tank
Will do the store didnt have it in stock so we are driving to a different location. He just pooped again and this one was a little wet but looked good

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The uvb should help. Keep in mind that relocation stress can be a factor as well, many babies take a few days or more to settle in to their new home. I think it would be good to lower the hammock just a few inches while he's this small, most babies are raised un smaller enclosures and may not realize that it's a long way down if they jump off the hammock. The jump may not actually hurt but at times they can sprain their ankle area or it can stun them, they don't understand height.

adamshaheen

Original Poster
The uvb should help. Keep in mind that relocation stress can be a factor as well, many babies take a few days or more to settle in to their new home. I think it would be good to lower the hammock just a few inches while he's this small, most babies are raised un smaller enclosures and may not realize that it's a long way down if they jump off the hammock. The jump may not actually hurt but at times they can sprain their ankle area or it can stun them, they don't understand height.
I bought down the hammock a tiny bit. There’s also an area that he can climb down so he doesn’t always have to jump. I think he’s aware of it as he’s used it before.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I just bought the reptisun t8 hood and 15 watt tube bulb. They ran out of the t5 hood unfortunately. I’ll try putting this in inside of the mesh instead of outside
Yes it will need to go inside the tank-- directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches I can help you w/ stuff to hang it w/ it can be bought at home Depot do you want the link

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yee please.
This is like a Velcro strap cut into strips then wrap around the fixture

adamshaheen

Original Poster
This is like a Velcro strap cut into strips then wrap around the fixture
Thank you I just asked someone who’s there right now to get it for me. Should I move the basking spot down so it’s 6-8 inches below the uvb bulb? I feel like if I do that then it won’t be hot enough to reach 105-110

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you I just asked someone who’s there right now to get it for me. Should I move the basking spot down so it’s 6-8 inches below the uvb bulb? I feel like if I do that then it won’t be hot enough to reach 105-110
Make sure you have the probe to get the temp after you adjust the distance for the uvb - get your temp then decide if you want to increase the wattage of the bulb or have the uvb in the center of the tank - you always have options of increasing wattage adding another dome w/ the uvb placed in front of it making a second basking area- I have 2 basking areas in my tanks but they are 120 gallon tanks- and my dragons are adults as well- right now your baby needs the hot temps once she gets to be 6 months or that temp will need to be 95-100- she will not want those hot of temps

adamshaheen

Original Poster
Make sure you have the probe to get the temp after you adjust the distance for the uvb - get your temp then decide if you want to increase the wattage of the bulb or have the uvb in the center of the tank - you always have options of increasing wattage adding another dome w/ the uvb placed in front of it making a second basking area- I have 2 basking areas in my tanks but they are 120 gallon tanks- and my dragons are adults as well- right now your baby needs the hot temps once she gets to be 6 months or that temp will need to be 95-100- she will not want those hot of temps
Got it thank you. Could I have a link to a probe on Amazon please? I ordered a temperature gun that should be coming today. I’ve also been seeing my baby beardie bask without gaping his mouth. He’s at his basking spot for most of the day but sometimes is active and runs around. I also noticed he might be getting smaller from Tuesday when I first got him. I’ll send two pictures from when I first got him and now.First two pictures are when I first got him and the last one is currently

Attachments

• E0DE5B07-0E04-4C7F-B5F4-7356170550A6.jpeg
    E0DE5B07-0E04-4C7F-B5F4-7356170550A6.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 61
  • FA4BEDD1-39BD-411D-9E33-F90A202CC8FA.jpeg
    FA4BEDD1-39BD-411D-9E33-F90A202CC8FA.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 64

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I dont have any links for Amazon but this place is reasonable for husbandry decor etc
I would get two of these Zoo Med Digital Thermometer
and I would also eventually look at upgrading the UVB as well --- the T 8 will not be suitable for a larger tank like a 75 gallon or 120 gallon for her -- you can also look at the price for what I had posted earlier for the T 5 --- right now they are out of stock for the second option of the Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb --- keep those in mind -- those will be more suitable and the 24" fixture is fine as well --- or you can go 30" for a 4x2x2 tank
She doesnt look like shes grown any but w/ the correct basking temps and UVB she will start eating more therefor she should start growing -- when she starts shedding that means shes growing -- if you need links for websites/ worms etc I can post them let me know-- you can use the IR gun for solid decor pieces -- IR guns are no good on hammocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom