I’m confused !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh957123

Original Poster
Hello everyone new to this website. So I’ve had a beardie for about 4 months now would say he’s about 6 months. My lamp already went out so I switched to a 160w all in one bulb and every since my dragon has been basking with his eyes closed and doesn’t seem to be very active he was fine before then and also had a 160 watt bulb that came with the tank. He’s currently in a 40 gallon 36x18x18. From what I’ve read I do need to go with a t5 5.0 or 10.0 tube bulb but should I place it inside or outside? His basking spot is 12 inches from the top of his screen. Any advance will be appreciated

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Hello everyone new to this website. So I’ve had a beardie for about 4 months now would say he’s about 6 months. My lamp already went out so I switched to a 160w all in one bulb and every since my dragon has been basking with his eyes closed and doesn’t seem to be very active he was fine before then and also had a 160 watt bulb that came with the tank. He’s currently in a 40 gallon 36x18x18. From what I’ve read I do need to go with a t5 5.0 or 10.0 tube bulb but should I place it inside or outside? His basking spot is 12 inches from the top of his screen. Any advance will be appreciated
I’ve also used a 160 watt MVB a Megaray and have seen my dragon basking with eyes sort of half squinted. I think the 160 watts are really bright and the lux is really high. Depending on the brand of MVB it may have very little UVB output which may explain the inactivity? I switched to the Arcadia t5 system with a halogen flood light and noticed a vast difference in behavior and energy in my guy. I know it’s expensive to switch setups but it’s worth it in the long run and some people are getting much longer than a year of great UVB out from Arcadia t5’s of course you’ll need a solar meter to check. Reptisun is also a great choice for t5 lights. If you have 12 inches to the basking sight I’d go with the reptisun 10.0 or Arcadia 12%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom