I’m begging for

Sweetie_Cheeks

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo-Lina
Uric acid test needs to be done- allopurinol is usually prescribed - what are you feeding for insects?
A variety as much as I can but usually super worms, wax worms sometimes, blue horned worms on occasion and crickets. She refuses dubias (used to be her favorite) but I’ve been told by many to cut her off because she wouldn’t eat anything else but bugs. So this week she has only had about 6 crickets because she hasn’t wanted to eat much. I was told silk worms and bsfl were better staples so I ordered them yesterday and received the silk worms today and she had no interest whatsoever. So now I don’t know….

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Since you already have the blood test results, I see the uric acid levels.
She isn't eating a lot of insects right now so no need to reduce them. I would however,
keep the number of dubias reduced because they are naturally higher in uric acid levels.
Hopefully she will start to like the silkworms and the calcium/phoenix worms.
I can PM/message you for information on the Allopurinol, if your vet hasn't mentioned getting
her on it for gout & gout conditions.
Continue to give the black/tart cherry juice extract for her daily to help her kidneys. The vet
didn't give any antibiotics, correct?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Sweetie_Cheeks

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo-Lina
Hello,

Since you already have the blood test results, I see the uric acid levels.
She isn't eating a lot of insects right now so no need to reduce them. I would however,
keep the number of dubias reduced because they are naturally higher in uric acid levels.
Hopefully she will start to like the silkworms and the calcium/phoenix worms.
I can PM/message you for information on the Allopurinol, if your vet hasn't mentioned getting
her on it for gout & gout conditions.
Continue to give the black/tart cherry juice extract for her daily to help her kidneys. The vet
didn't give any antibiotics, correct?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie
No antibiotics, she hasn’t had dubias in a few months because she refused to eat them so I stopped buying them. She ate 2 baby silk worms today but refused everything else. I got about 1/4 of her medicine in her but after hours of trying I finally had to accept defeat. I have been 100% catering to her for the last week trying everything I can, nonstop and I’m not giving up until she’s better. I am definitely interested in the gout medication and anything else you recommend. I trust your word on this. As far as calcium supplementation? Should I continue or no?

Sweetie_Cheeks

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo-Lina
No antibiotics, she hasn’t had dubias in a few months because she refused to eat them so I stopped buying them. She ate 2 baby silk worms today but refused everything else. I got about 1/4 of her medicine in her but after hours of trying I finally had to accept defeat. I have been 100% catering to her for the last week trying everything I can, nonstop and I’m not giving up until she’s better. I am definitely interested in the gout medication and anything else you recommend. I trust your word on this. As far as calcium supplementation? Should I continue or no? Also, this black spot on her beard has shown up and he beard smells like spoiled cheese or something….what in the world is happening?

Attachments

• 07D6262F-DFDE-497F-8EB2-9858EFC34EB0.jpg
    07D6262F-DFDE-497F-8EB2-9858EFC34EB0.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 3AE8DE11-D7C2-42F3-9D87-E466C0E4E015.jpg
    3AE8DE11-D7C2-42F3-9D87-E466C0E4E015.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 68
  • EC6A3864-6996-4A9C-8856-46461099F411.jpg
    EC6A3864-6996-4A9C-8856-46461099F411.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 50
  • AE98F3A1-B03D-4921-B9F3-A035F3796F1A.jpg
    AE98F3A1-B03D-4921-B9F3-A035F3796F1A.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 56

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Bless her, she is most definitely hanging in there for you.
Did you need a liquid calcium? I will check my PM's here to see if you wrote back. I had included
my email for you, so we can have more correspondence that way if you would like.
Those mark/specs look off but hopefully we can get that taken care of. You could try getting some
anti-fungal cream such as lamisil or monistat to put on it. Or, silver cream is very good as well.
It is always hard getting meds into them, I know. Just do your best but at least she had a couple of
silkworms today. Will she take anything from a syringe such as baby food, etc, or have you tried that
yet for her? Her weight looks good right now, but we need to be sure she stays hydrated right now.

Tracie

Sweetie_Cheeks

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo-Lina
Hello,

Bless her, she is most definitely hanging in there for you.
Did you need a liquid calcium? I will check my PM's here to see if you wrote back. I had included
my email for you, so we can have more correspondence that way if you would like.
Those mark/specs look off but hopefully we can get that taken care of. You could try getting some
anti-fungal cream such as lamisil or monistat to put on it. Or, silver cream is very good as well.
It is always hard getting meds into them, I know. Just do your best but at least she had a couple of
silkworms today. Will she take anything from a syringe such as baby food, etc, or have you tried that
yet for her? Her weight looks good right now, but we need to be sure she stays hydrated right now.

Tracie
I will email you right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom