Hyper Bearded Dragon, Schedule Everywhere!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azymondias&Ryn

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragon is about two years old and seems pretty healthy. Recently, he’s been skipping meals, always wanting out, running around the house and outside, etc. I think it’s mating season? I currently give him dubia roaches, usually dusted but I also have mealworms and super worms for treats. He hasn’t been interested in any, he just wants to run around and go outside. I potty trained him somehow so that he only poops in warm water but now he‘ll do it anywhere (except his terrarium so far). He does eats his greens fairly well. So far he hasnt head bobbed or anything. Is this normal? What do I do? How do I get him to eat? (He loves blueberries but might skip them too when in his running frenzy)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon is about two years old and seems pretty healthy. Recently, he’s been skipping meals, always wanting out, running around the house and outside, etc. I think it’s mating season? I currently give him dubia roaches, usually dusted but I also have mealworms and super worms for treats. He hasn’t been interested in any, he just wants to run around and go outside. I potty trained him somehow so that he only poops in warm water but now he‘ll do it anywhere (except his terrarium so far). He does eats his greens fairly well. So far he hasnt head bobbed or anything. Is this normal? What do I do? How do I get him to eat? (He loves blueberries but might skip them too when in his running frenzy)
This kind of behavior could be many causes --
Too small of a tank
Improper basking temps tank top hot
Improper uvb coils are not good
Or just plain spring fever
Please go over your set up so we can start ruling these things out

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Being a young male it's very possible that he has the urge to wander, in the wild he would be looking for a mate. But the other things that Karrie mentioned can also come in to play so do post pics of your set up.

Jjurovaty

Photo Comp Winner
I think you're right, season, mine went through that around that age, let them run as much as possible to burn the energy lol. I used to roll blueberries across the floor so they would chase! Exercise is always good. Even if they're not interested in food right now, kind of like little kids they go through phases and will eat when hungry. Try to switch up the variety of fruits or veggies, color matters, my dragons always enjoy red, peppers or fruits, may help intrigue them and get their attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom