Husbandry Questions

Martadragon017

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello!
For context, I used to lurk constantly on here looking for info on how to best care for my beardie, but left a few years back. Recently though I started coming across new information I haven't heard of before, so I'm worried my care and setup may be outdated/incorrect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

This is Marta, she's six years old. Her terrarium is 100*50*50cm with T5 12% Arcadia UVB and a 75w exoterra daylight basking light. I feed her dubia roaches twice a week (she usually eats around 10-15 adult roaches per feeding) and daily salad consisting of escarole and a bit of radicchio, plus occasionally other fruits/veggies for variety (carrots, bell pepper, etc). I dust her food with Repcal phosphorus-free calcium with D3 5 times a week and Repcal herptivite with beta carotene multivitamins twice a week. The bottom of the enclosure is non-adhesive shelf liner that I spot clean as necessary and wash with warm water once a week.
She seems healthy, although I do feel like she spends a lot of her time in her cave. Is it ok to have t5 uvb fixed inside the enclosure? Could it be too much for her?

Attachments

• 16785508253314471524546864267345.jpg
    16785508253314471524546864267345.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20230311_164505.jpg
    IMG_20230311_164505.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 51

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello!
For context, I used to lurk constantly on here looking for info on how to best care for my beardie, but left a few years back. Recently though I started coming across new information I haven't heard of before, so I'm worried my care and setup may be outdated/incorrect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

This is Marta, she's six years old. Her terrarium is 100*50*50cm with T5 12% Arcadia UVB and a 75w exoterra daylight basking light. I feed her dubia roaches twice a week (she usually eats around 10-15 adult roaches per feeding) and daily salad consisting of escarole and a bit of radicchio, plus occasionally other fruits/veggies for variety (carrots, bell pepper, etc). I dust her food with Repcal phosphorus-free calcium with D3 5 times a week and Repcal herptivite with beta carotene multivitamins twice a week. The bottom of the enclosure is non-adhesive shelf liner that I spot clean as necessary and wash with warm water once a week.
She seems healthy, although I do feel like she spends a lot of her time in her cave. Is it ok to have t5 uvb fixed inside the enclosure? Could it be too much for her?
Welcome back- the first thing I noticed is Marta needs a bigger tank -- sorry it looks really small I did the conversion and I think your using a 70 gallon tank ? I would look at getting her into something bigger like a 120 gallon tank 4x2x2 -- just a suggestion-- dragons like floor space -- next the Arcadia is a great bulb and yes it does need to be in the tank -- approx 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor -- how are you getting your surface basking termps? I dont see any temp gauges -- you need 2 digital probe thermometers to get accurate surface basking temps -- 95-100 F for her -- next you want the cool side of the tank 80ish F- I am not sure why shes hiding in the cave so much tho -- it looks like she can sit out of those caves w/ out sitting under the UVB all the time so thats a good thing- I would cut back on the D3 tho- w/ her UVB she only needs it once a week on the insects and she is eating a lot of roaches too -- if shes eating salads as good as you posted she doesnt need the vitamins - shes getting the nutrients from her greens etc that your feeding her --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom