Hurricane preparedness tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RowenJade

Juvie Member
Hi guys,

I just wanted to create this thread to #1 pray for all our members along the east coast. I really don't know how to prepare other than buy lots of hand warmers and make sure you have feeders to last a few days to a week. Just wanted everyone to know I'm praying for the beardies, pets and humans alike.

Anyone have any other tips? The hurricane is a day away from my area and I fear NY may see some ugly damage. We all need to be prepared for what could happen. NJ shelters are even accepting pets!

1proudmom

Some Maryland shelters are accepting pets also. I stopped last night and loaded up on supplies for my girl. My son, my girl and I are going to weather the storm playing games and spending good quality family time. Once the storm passes, we'll spend some time outside in the sun.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
I dont think it will end up being a big deal since it is only a cat 1. I know it can be scary if you have never been through one before but really not a big deal. I hope everything turns out ok through. :mrgreen:

1proudmom

We made out pretty good at our house. Honestly, I wasn't afraid of the storm just that the power would go out and that I wouldn't be able to keep my girl warm. Luckily our power only flicked once for a minute and then stayed on the rest of the time. We are one of the lucky ones in Maryland.

LittleRepieye

Hatchling Member
I have a few feet warmers and plenty of blankets to wrap him in if we lost power today. I wasn't to worried though because it is still summer and was 70 outside. But I have decided this fall I'm making a emergency plan tub for my beardie. I already have supplies, but I'm going to buy a huge Tupperware tub, cut the top and put a screen over it just in case I need to locate him somewhere with electricity this winter, I can't take his huge viv :(
I really don't know what I would do if we had to evacuate, I could never leave my baby :( Luckily we had the ASPCA open as a shelter up here and they let you take pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom