Humidity.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Toothless is in a 4x2x2 tank from dubia.com. we have a digital thermometer with a probe and i have it by his basking spot and it's reading 99.7 but the humidity is only 10%. He has a 150wat thrive basking bulb and the Arcadia uvb bulb and the surface temps stay at about 98-99. How do we raise the humidity so it doesn't cause health problems.? I moved his water bowl to the warm side but nothing has changed.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Toothless is in a 4x2x2 tank from dubia.com. we have a digital thermometer with a probe and i have it by his basking spot and it's reading 99.7 but the humidity is only 10%. He has a 150wat thrive basking bulb and the Arcadia uvb bulb and the surface temps stay at about 98-99. How do we raise the humidity so it doesn't cause health problems.? I moved his water bowl to the warm side but nothing has changed.
I had to buy a small humidifier and put it below his tank (on the floor) and it increased his humidity.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes get a small humidifier place next to the tank get one w/ a tank bigger than a gallon - you want the humidity 20% or above - 40-50 is optimal in winter I can't get that best I can do is 20% but at night it goes to 35% summer it's around 40-50% - it's really humid in the summer here and I have air in the house- so you don't want it that low and not higher than 70%

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No.... Don't get a humidifier...

It's naturally going to be a lower humidity at the basking site, that's where the heat is baking. I'm sure the other areas of your tank are higher. And even if they aren't, there is nothing wrong with 10% humidity.

There are no documented health issues in bearded dragons from low humidity.
There are numerous health issues documented in bearded dragons from higher humidity.

Let the humidity be low.

-Brandon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I live in Las Vegas, in the summer here it gets as low as 4 to 6 percent, my beardies have never had issues because of it.
And i take them with me all the time in the summer, they love the natural sun and car rides.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom