Humidity

I have two hygrometer in my beardies tank. The one on the cool side reads about 50% throughout the night but her hot side one reads from 50-70 at night when her lights are off. I have a fan and rice sock in her tank. Which hygrometer is the right one to read and is that too much humidity for her she is a baby

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have two hygrometer in my beardies tank. The one on the cool side reads about 50% throughout the night but her hot side one reads from 50-70 at night when her lights are off. I have a fan and rice sock in her tank. Which hygrometer is the right one to read and is that too much humidity for her she is a baby
I would get it on the center back wall of the tank - the hot side is going to read less when the lights are on and the one at night is at 70 is almost too high -- optimal humidity is 40-50% during the day -- its going to go higher at nite but you dont want it over 70% -- get one of them in the center back wall of the tank and then get a reading during the day and one in the morning before lights on -- that will give you the reading at night - then watch what it does during the day

DesDills23

Original Poster
I would get it on the center back wall of the tank - the hot side is going to read less when the lights are on and the one at night is at 70 is almost too high -- optimal humidity is 40-50% during the day -- its going to go higher at nite but you dont want it over 70% -- get one of them in the center back wall of the tank and then get a reading during the day and one in the morning before lights on -- that will give you the reading at night - then watch what it does during the day
Ok great thank you!

SPandS

Juvie Member
I'm not sure what kind you have, analog or digital, but I believe they can both be tested the same. It's simple and you only need some salt, water, small dish and a sealable container. There are lots of sites that will show you exactly how to do it. Once they're tested you'll know if either one is off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom