Humidity level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dkrugg9

Hi there. I have a question about the humidity level in my beardies tanks. In both tanks it’s pretty low, like 16%. In order to get this back up a little bit, is it ok to mist the walls of the tanks? And what are some other options for raising humidity levels to a safe level? They both have a small water dish, but it doesn’t seem to put a dent in the 75 gal tanks. Temps for reference are 90-92 hot side, 99-100 basking, and 80-83 cool side in both tanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I ended up putting a small humidifier in between my two tanks- one of the tanks was down to 16% when I started the humidity it brought it up to over 20%- I only had to run it for a week - we were below zero and the air was really dry+ I tried water bowls and it didn't help enough

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry about it. Especially since most hygrometers are extremely inaccurate. Even if you had a legitimate 16% humidity, I wouldn't worry at all about trying to raise it. Dragons will do just fine in that humidity level.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom