Humidity in tank

jessi lavender

Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cosmo
Hi everyone, I am really struggling to keep the humidity in the tank down.. I have a bearded dragon we adopted 3-4 weeks ago and I’ve tried EVERYTHING. Fan to circulate air.. two portable dehumidifiers(I was reading a thread on here about them). During the day it sits at 45%-50% and at night I’ve seen it climb to 70%…. I’m at a loss of what to do now. Unfortunately, I live in a basement… any other tips you can give me? I don’t want my new baby getting sick :( he (I think it’s hard to tell) is about 3-4 months old. Other than that he seems pretty happy, he has good lighting, a great tank.. it’s just the darn humidity:( I was reading it should be 30-40%…

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi everyone, I am really struggling to keep the humidity in the tank down.. I have a bearded dragon we adopted 3-4 weeks ago and I’ve tried EVERYTHING. Fan to circulate air.. two portable dehumidifiers(I was reading a thread on here about them). During the day it sits at 45%-50% and at night I’ve seen it climb to 70%…. I’m at a loss of what to do now. Unfortunately, I live in a basement… any other tips you can give me? I don’t want my new baby getting sick :( he (I think it’s hard to tell) is about 3-4 months old. Other than that he seems pretty happy, he has good lighting, a great tank.. it’s just the darn humidity:( I was reading it should be 30-40%…
Optimal humidity is 40-50%-- 70% is too high- I recommend getting a dehumidifier for the basement itself- are you using a digital probe hygrometer or a analog one?

jessi lavender

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cosmo
Optimal humidity is 40-50%-- 70% is too high- I recommend getting a dehumidifier for the basement itself- are you using a digital probe hygrometer or a analog one?
We have a dehumidifier down here too, we are using analog

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Those are really not that accurate, the digital with a probe are more reliable.

cmmn64

My situation is just the same. I have mine since she was 3 months old, now she`s 10 months old and never had a problem with that. Have you researched what they experience in the wild?

jessi lavender

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cosmo
Those are really not that accurate, the digital with a probe are more reliable.
Thank you! I will get a new one. Now that the heat is on it’s less humid and more dry here so that has helped too. I will get a new thermometer with a probe :) to more accurately read

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom