Humidity help

Hobama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
The humidity in my tank has dropped under 20 and I'm concerned. Will centering the water dish under the lamp on the cool side help? some say keep humidity in the 30s and some say 40s however i know what it is now is to low. i also have a deeper dish if you guys think that will help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 4 and Blaze is 3
The humidity in my tank has dropped under 20 and I'm concerned. Will centering the water dish under the lamp on the cool side help? some say keep humidity in the 30s and some say 40s however i know what it is now is to low. i also have a deeper dish if you guys think that will help.
Try putting a deeper bowl on the hot side of the tank-- if that does not work get a humidifier and place next to the tank optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70%-- make sure your using a digital probe hygrometer

Hobama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Try putting a deeper bowl on the hot side of the tank-- if that does not work get a humidifier and place next to the tank optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70%-- make sure your using a digital probe hygrometer
thank you I currently just made sure his water was completely full and its under the lamp on the cool side and I also gave him a slight spray but if that doesnt work I will do what youve suggested

Hobama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
directly underthe basking spot my humidity is at 11. is that normal sense its where most of the heat is?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
directly underthe basking spot my humidity is at 11. is that normal sense its where most of the heat is?
No you dont want it under 20% -- please put the water bowl on the hot side of the tank -- are you using a digital probe hygrometer --? you want that probe on the back center wall of the tank

Hobama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
No you dont want it under 20% -- please put the water bowl on the hot side of the tank -- are you using a digital probe hygrometer --? you want that probe on the back center wall of the tank

that is the thermometer im using for both temp and humidity. i have two and ive been moving the humidity gauge around though typically one is on the wall of the cool side and the other is in the wall in the center. the cool side has been reading at 30 but the middle is under 20. I am getting a humidifier for my room that i will place near the tank to raise it. if its small should i place it in or near the tank? the only ventilation is my mesh lid.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)

that is the thermometer im using for both temp and humidity. i have two and ive been moving the humidity gauge around though typically one is on the wall of the cool side and the other is in the wall in the center. the cool side has been reading at 30 but the middle is under 20. I am getting a humidifier for my room that i will place near the tank to raise it. if its small should i place it in or near the tank? the only ventilation is my mesh lid.
Put it next to the tank --- take one probe and leave in the middle of the tank --

Hobama

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
Put it next to the tank --- take one probe and leave in the middle of the tank --
I currently have it beside the tank and it wasnt raising it but it was only on for like 2 hours. is that normal and it will just need more time to really regulate or should i posotion like on top or closer to the mesh so it can get in easier?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I currently have it beside the tank and it wasnt raising it but it was only on for like 2 hours. is that normal and it will just need more time to really regulate or should i posotion like on top or closer to the mesh so it can get in easier?
No just have it run all night next to it - in the morning check what the humidity is then turn your lights on watch it throughout the day letting the humidifier run and see what it reads- get the probe in the middle of the tank reading

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

lol i feel like i ask so many questions on this site but i just love it here!
so many questions & not enough days
I'm painting Devlyn's house while she brumates. You can message me to hold me accountable because I procrastinate >_<

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddiebeardie
Top Bottom