A thread chronicling Hugo's journey (and mine) Because I take hundreds of pictures and need to put them somewhere!

After TONS of help from other users, I got his new UV bulb set up this morning and he was in love with it. Had to shuffle a few things around in his starter tank so he could get optimal basking in, but overall, he seemed pleased!

This is post-breakfast buffet :) I've got some dubia roaches coming in next week and I'm friggin' excited to see how he likes them. So far, Hugo has eaten everything I've offered and been phenomenal about hand feeding despite being such a young dude. We've had him about four days!

Current goal is to put a bit of weight on him slowly but steadily, I've been letting him graze daily and offering him as many crickets as he wants x3 daily until he seems disinterested or lets me know (by pawing) that he'd like to go back to his tank. We feed him in a separate tub so he doesn't bang into anything during feeding time, plus it allows me to gently handle him at least twice daily.

Might just be biased, but he's the best little dude.

Attachments

• HTank.jpg
    HTank.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 107

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He definitely looks like he is digging the new uvb!!! Looks like your off to a good start with him.🙂

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom