Huffing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sage will be relaxed and sleeping on my chest at night and she will let out a loud, hard huff and she squeezes her tummy muscles in when she does it. She sometimes does it during the day when walking around or being handled. Sometimes it's a popping noise when she does it.

I take her to the vet cause I am afraid of a URI or any kind of respiratory issue and the vet says she is completely fine; lungs are clear, everything looks good, she is hydrated. Anyone know what this is?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guy does that too. There can be several causes, but I haven't viewed it as a problem since there are no other signs of trouble like mucous buildup or lethargic behavior etc. I think sometimes it can be similar to a burp, sometimes they do it to loosen shedding skin, and I think sometimes they're just taking a deep breath.

MermaidSeachelle

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1n44vj83 said:
My guy does that too. There can be several causes, but I haven't viewed it as a problem since there are no other signs of trouble like mucous buildup or lethargic behavior etc. I think sometimes it can be similar to a burp, sometimes they do it to loosen shedding skin, and I think sometimes they're just taking a deep breath.

I might just be an overly paranoid beardy mama. The vet gets to see her a lot. I apologized for freaking out and always bringing her and they said that I was a good beardie owner and they were glad I cared so much cause some people come in with pet dragons that have been dead for a week and ask what's wrong with it.

That horrified me.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It really is scary to know how often these little guys are abused and ignored. Most of them don't even get a vet visit when needed, unfortunately. I'm glad you are providing a good life for Sage. It makes a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom