How's my setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's my beardies' setup?
40 gallon breeder with screen top.
Washed, screened playsand substrate.
Rock basking site.
Horizontal log to enlarge basking site for two dragons.
Hide log.
Green, plastic rock hide.
Artificial reptile cactus.
Food dish.
Reptisun 10.0 tube light.
100 watt Zoomed basking bulb.
75 watt black night light.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
Hey,

Id change the sand to repti carpet,tile or newspaper/paper towel. Sand can be VERY dangerous and it sometimes even causes death. Please remove it.it doesnt matter what kind of sand it is.Sand in general is NEVER good.

Did I understand it right that you are having two Beardies in the same enclosure?
Even if they have a big basking spot you are not supposed to have more than one Beardie per tank.I know you often see more than one beardie in a tank at pet stores but its not recommended and its not what a beardie wants.They dont need "friends" to "play", they prefer living alone.Sooner or later theyll start fighting and there will always be one beardie getting more uvb,light and food. Even theyre not the same size theres also the chance of the bigger one eating the smaller one.
So please do not house two Beardies together!!!!

Also ,what are your temperatures and what are you meassuring them with?

tweet0302

Juvie Member
Everything sounds good except the sand no loose substrate at all use reptile carpet, shelf liner, paper towel, newspaper or tile

mrgoogls

Hatchling Member
tweet0302":moqeyio1 said:
So i think the temp should be around 95-100 for an adult butt i can be wrong
that is just a general statement. i keep one of my basking spots at 110-115. Phoenix doesnt midn. he likes it hot. he has a second cooler basking spot too. around 94-97. and then the cool side. so he wont over heat. if they get hot they just move. my vet also says that it is fine. and i trust him. the breeder i got Phoenix from kept his babies basking spot around 110 and adults around 105. so not much different. just as long as it isnt lower than around 95-97 as a minimum. and obviously use common sense for a max. dont make it like 180 lol.

PS: when you said "butt" that refers to what you use to go to the bathroom. trry useing just ONE "t" next time :) hahahaa

tweet0302

Juvie Member
Lol it was a typo but if your cohabing make sure you keep a eye on them cuz they like to live alone they don't travel in packs it can get ugly they can fight to the death

joea

Hatchling Member
mrgoogls":2hdtwzn2 said:
tweet0302":2hdtwzn2 said:
So i think the temp should be around 95-100 for an adult butt i can be wrong
that is just a general statement. i keep one of my basking spots at 110-115. Phoenix doesnt midn. he likes it hot. he has a second cooler basking spot too. around 94-97. and then the cool side. so he wont over heat. if they get hot they just move. my vet also says that it is fine. and i trust him. the breeder i got Phoenix from kept his babies basking spot around 110 and adults around 105. so not much different. just as long as it isnt lower than around 95-97 as a minimum. and obviously use common sense for a max. dont make it like 180 lol.

PS: when you said "butt" that refers to what you use to go to the bathroom. trry useing just ONE "t" next time :) hahahaa
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :lol:
SpellingNazi.jpg

Oh and no night lights! or nite lites if u prefer

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
That spelling Nazi picture cracks me up! :)
As far as temps go, dragons need at least 95*F to be able to digest food properly. The recommended range for an adult is 100-105*F but each dragon is different. :) You'll find out as you go, in regards to what temperatures your dragon likes and dislikes. Our grumpy 4 year old male prefers his basking surface temp to be in the 101-104*F range. Slightly warmer than that is tolerable for His Highness, but if it gets over 107*F he pouts and refuses to bask! lol :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom