How to tell if my beardie has yellow fungus?

JMahon81

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Wexford ((Wexie)
My beardie has been quite lethargic the past few days. Hasn’t been eating as much as usual and has become super picky. I’m noticing a bit of yellow on his head but I’m not sure how to tell if it’s just his colour changing.
He seems to immediately go under furniture and lay up against a wall when I take him out of his tank.
Also… I changed his substrate about a month ago to coconut chips as suggested by a friend but now after reading up on health issues today I wonder if the small parts are clogging his duct? I ordered new flooring to arrived tmw.
Another note… he hates baths and I have never really seen him drink in the 8 months I’ve had him but I do change his water dish daily.

Attachments

• 9C3FC222-7101-4C36-86A9-879DD3D22532.jpeg
    9C3FC222-7101-4C36-86A9-879DD3D22532.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 91
  • E50CBC33-FF46-42A1-8556-18F4E36D0E01.jpeg
    E50CBC33-FF46-42A1-8556-18F4E36D0E01.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 47

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My beardie has been quite lethargic the past few days. Hasn’t been eating as much as usual and has become super picky. I’m noticing a bit of yellow on his head but I’m not sure how to tell if it’s just his colour changing.
He seems to immediately go under furniture and lay up against a wall when I take him out of his tank.
Also… I changed his substrate about a month ago to coconut chips as suggested by a friend but now after reading up on health issues today I wonder if the small parts are clogging his duct? I ordered new flooring to arrived tmw.
Another note… he hates baths and I have never really seen him drink in the 8 months I’ve had him but I do change his water dish daily.
Please offer water by dropping water on his nose - see if he will lick - they mainly get their water thru salads but if he's not eating he is probably dehydrated - what are you changing the flooring to

JMahon81

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Wexford ((Wexie)
Please offer water by dropping water on his nose - see if he will lick - they mainly get their water thru salads but if he's not eating he is probably dehydrated - what are you changing the flooring to
The coconut fibre flooring that is pressed and doesn’t come apart. He doesn’t lick water from his nose , he did eat a bit of bok choy and 2 super worms today but he usually is a little pig and eats a ton.
My husband thinks maybe it’s the drastic change in seasons that is happening the past few days but I figured warm weather would make them more active ?
I’m wondering at what point is a vet visit a good idea?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The coconut fibre flooring that is pressed and doesn’t come apart. He doesn’t lick water from his nose , he did eat a bit of bok choy and 2 super worms today but he usually is a little pig and eats a ton.
My husband thinks maybe it’s the drastic change in seasons that is happening the past few days but I figured warm weather would make them more active ?
I’m wondering at what point is a vet visit a good idea?
Your surface basking temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and the UVB needs to be a long tube fixture NO coils please they are inadequate--- hes going thru relocation stress so hes eating will be off --- but he should be eating something -- if any of this stuff is off he will quit eating -- I see no YF -- if hes coloring is off like pale or off white hes going into shed--- seasons will effect older dragons not babies - they usually eat like pigs -- cuz they are growing - his insects should be dusted 5 x per week lightly coated w/ calcium D3 ONCE per feeding vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week lightly coated ONCE per feeding -- please do not use the coconut fiber for substrate -- the dust will cause RI --- you can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner -- no loose substrates please babies lick everything and eat things they shouldnt -- clean the shelf liner w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 wipe down afterwards w/ a wet dish rag / towel --

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They can be stubborn about water. THEY HAVE TO HAVE IT.
Don't force it into his mouth, that could aspirate him. Use an eyedropper to drip it on his snout and he should lap it up. Sometimes to takes a while so be patient with him and go at his pace. If he still won't take the water, you can add in a little none citrus fruit juice or punch to give it flavor. Be sure to use a wet paper towel or wet wash cloth to wipe away any that runs down his chin. No need to take a chance on causing bacteria or fungus to start in his scales. If you don't hydrate him, he will eventually have kidney failure. Soaking in a bath does not hydrate them unless they actually drink in the bath. I'm not trying to be harsh so please don't take it that way. I just don't want you or your beardie to suffer.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom