How to take care of Bearded Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcoReeves

I was given a Bearded Dragon by a friend. I feel very interesting because this is the first time I have a strange pet like this. But I don't have any experience taking care of it, have you ever kept it? Please share with me how to take care of them.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! I would first start by reviewing the care sheet https://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/caresheet/ as well as the guides and articles linked on the right side of the page. Those do a good job of providing a general overview of proper care for a dragon. I would focus on configuring high quality lighting and look into providing a healthy, balanced diet as a place to get started. If you have any specific questions about care, please let us know and we'll do our best to help you out.

Moved by moderator from Photo Expressions to General Discussion.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please NO coils for a UVB No colored bulbs No sand No heat mats or rocks --- you MUST have a bright basking bulb that keeps temps 95-100 for a adult/ juvie dragon and 105-110 for a baby --- those temps MUST be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- you want a long tube fixture like a Zoo Med or Sunblaster Nano or a Arcadia Pro T 5 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank -- adult size dragons need a 75-120 gallon tank --- please ask more questions so we can help you --- distance and placement of the UVB is crucial so when getting the fixture let us know what you have and we will help you get it placed in the tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom