How to prep a log for my beardie's cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I've read an article somewhere about how to prep a piece of wood for a beardie's cage but I can't find the article. I've picked up a great log and scrubbed it down good then let it dry in the hot sun. Should I do something else?
Franki

mudcats70

what i do for mine is soak it in bleach then scrub it untel u can smell the bleach anymore then let dry somewhere warm or u could bake it

Sangster

i didn't do anything to the wood in Spike's viv. Made sure there weren't any loose pieces of bark, bugs, etc. and put it in there.

pudden318":7f167 said:
some people bake it in the oven at 350 for 30 min r so to kill any bacteria or mites

is there another way? my roommate might have me taken to the looney land if i start baking wood in the oven haha!

joesaldivar

Original Poster
I just took Rocky's log outside and used some liquid dish detergent and a scrub brush to scrub it real good. It seems to have worked well.
Franki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom