How to know if beardie has stuck nose shed?

tedbubz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ted (1 year 2 mo) Western Bearded Dragon - Pogona minor minor)
Hiiii

So I always see videos of what I assume to be stuck shed being removed and a long plug coming out.

The thing is, I wouldn't have assumed it was stuck shed if they didn't remove it - the nose looked normal to me.

So is there a way I can know for sure that a beardie has stuck shed on their nose?

My beardie never had trouble with shed but I've noticed his nose aren't as... flat (?)... there's like a lil hump. Is that normal? Here are some photos:

20221105_175322.jpg

20221102_110544.jpg

20221025_163350.jpg

Please let me know what y'all think. Thank you!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hiiii

So I always see videos of what I assume to be stuck shed being removed and a long plug coming out.

The thing is, I wouldn't have assumed it was stuck shed if they didn't remove it - the nose looked normal to me.

So is there a way I can know for sure that a beardie has stuck shed on their nose?

My beardie never had trouble with shed but I've noticed his nose aren't as... flat (?)... there's like a lil hump. Is that normal? Here are some photos:

View attachment 75303

View attachment 75304

View attachment 75305

Please let me know what y'all think. Thank you!
His nose will look like its covered which that would be shed--- let it come out on its own - you can moisten it w/ a spray of water to help it but no nose picking please

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Your dragons nose is normal.
Like Karrieree said you shouldn't try to remove it anyway, you could injure the tissue inside. You asked how to tell, my male gets them once in a while, when he does he huffs till he blows them out.

tedbubz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
His nose will look like its covered which that would be shed--- let it come out on its own - you can moisten it w/ a spray of water to help it but no nose picking please
Ooh so his aren't covered since his nose isn't blocked, so it's all good? No stuck shed ?

tedbubz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Your dragons nose is normal.
Like Karrieree said you shouldn't try to remove it anyway, you could injure the tissue inside. You asked how to tell, my male gets them once in a while, when he does he huffs till he blows them out.
Oh great thank you! Yeah I know not to remove it myself haha, was just wondering how to know if it's stuck.

Thanks again!!

Beardie name(s)
Bartholomew
Yep it’s nose is normal this is what it would look like if it did have stuck nose shed and also no plucking (this photo is just from google not my dragon)

Attachments

• 94A421DC-E27B-46F1-A391-C91D8A1D2319.jpeg
    94A421DC-E27B-46F1-A391-C91D8A1D2319.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 114

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom