How to keep odor down??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben0918

where i live now is summer and hot (85 to 90F) and when my beardie uses the bathroom, his feces and urine smell terrible. i have him on sand and have used baking soda and that doesn't really do the trick. any suggestions???

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I would remove the sand. it's really not good for them anyway. It causes impaction, and as you know, is not very sanitary. I would recommend a non-adhesive shelf liner or tile. I use tile, which I grouted in, and clean up is a snap and there is no odor.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Take out the sand and use tile or none adhesive shelf liner. It's impossible to get sand completely clean, and it can be an impaction risk to your dragon.

Ben0918

Original Poster
ok thank you i think i'll just do paper towels. i do that for my other beardie (because he's only about 3 months old)

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Paper towels or newspaper are great options, too! I'm surprised I didn't mention them. Sorry!
(No worries, Katie) :D

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
You might also have a fecal checked for internal parasites. I find that beardie poo is much worse smelling if they have parasites. Oola used to stink up the whole house with her poo. It turns out she had a raging heavy Coccodia load. Since treatment I can't smell her feces unless I open the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom