how to get your bearded dragon to eat greens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i need some advice on how to get my bearded dragon to eat more greens; she currently barely eats any and she started looking skinny. I feed her worms most of the time but i know i cant just feed her worms all the time.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a few pics of her to show her size, also her set up ? What type of greens have you used ? Some people put BSFL or other worms on the greens but if your dragon is looking thin she needs more protein as well. Can you get crickets, locusts or dubia ? Those are good staple feeders. My dragons all started eating dragons as babies, sometimes if you just drop a few pieces near them it attracts their attention. Some people put the greens on a white paper plate so they stand out more.

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Adding something to the greens to get them attracted is a good idea, whether it's worms or a small amount of fruit or something. I agree with @AHBD, if she is looking thin she probably needs more protein too. I also found offering the greens a couple of hours before the protein helped encourage mine to eat his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom