How to get liquid Ca/vits/oral antibiotics into his mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Got a sick beardie who refuses to open his mouth for his liquid calcium or liquid vitamins or oral medicine ?

A SMALL 18Gauge feeding needle is perfect for getting past those lips and teeth , you only need to get the end of it into his mouth and then slowly push the syringe plunger to get the stuff onto his mouth. I do this approach when giving my gang 0.4 ml olive oil.
No matter how angry he gets, he will not be able to bite a piece off the stainless steel feeding needle and your fingers stay out of harms way too ....and it's designed not to be able to cut his skin/gums/tongue or mouth.
syringe_and_18_G_medication_-_crop_needle.png

Other option that's a bit gentler is to ask the vet for 22gauge sureflo catheter tube less the needle
syringe_and_22_G_SUREFLO_CATHETER_TUBE_ONLY.png

I used this setup to get calcivet and oral antiobiotics into Lucky my rescued injured juvenile water skink , the flexi tube is slipped into the back corner of the lizard's mouth and about 5mm - 10mm into the mouth , even Lucky mangled several of these tubes !!

Or another option is one of these :
SYRINGE_and_green_feeding_cone_from_Ebay.png

I bought the green "feeding" cone on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom