How to Feed Veggies?

LokitheBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thor, Loki (Deceased)
My boy, Thor, is refusing to eat his veggies. He is almost 3 months old, and I have had him for almost 1 month. About a week ago I switched him to a 20 gallon tank so he could grow into that. I have tried cutting up veggies, puree-ing them, whole veggies, and sprinkling bee pollen on them. He just won't eat them. Any suggestions on how I can get him to enjoy veggies?

His current veggies are collard greens and kale.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My boy, Thor, is refusing to eat his veggies. He is almost 3 months old, and I have had him for almost 1 month. About a week ago I switched him to a 20 gallon tank so he could grow into that. I have tried cutting up veggies, puree-ing them, whole veggies, and sprinkling bee pollen on them. He just won't eat them. Any suggestions on how I can get him to enjoy veggies?

His current veggies are collard greens and kale.
Get some BSFL (nutri grubs) and some dubia roaches www.dubiaroaches.com --- feed the BSFL first thing in the morning- feed as many as you want they are a great staple feeder - use the them as lures to the salad bowl you will need a bowl similar to this so they cant get out https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
you can hand feed to get his attention - drop them in the bowl in front of him -- let him eat for awhile out of that bowl then take some of the dubia roaches and drop them in the bowl as well - they will be small enough they cant get out --- here is a website for nutrition Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder

LokitheBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thor, Loki (Deceased)
I currently feed him Dubai roaches and have tried putting them in his salad bowl. He refuses to eat them then. The only way I have gotten him to eat his veggies his holding him beneath his basking light until he opens up his mouth. Then I put some chopped-up veggies in his mouth. I am just really worried about when I do this because I don't want to burn him or cause him to overheat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I currently feed him Dubai roaches and have tried putting them in his salad bowl. He refuses to eat them then. The only way I have gotten him to eat his veggies his holding him beneath his basking light until he opens up his mouth. Then I put some chopped-up veggies in his mouth. I am just really worried about when I do this because I don't want to burn him or cause him to overheat.
Yea thats probably not a good idea w/ the basking light thing--- have you tried the BSFL? You want him eating some veggies now- and that is the only way I know to get them to the salad bowl -- get some super worms - medium size 1-3 and use those too along w/ some silk worms
www.reptilianarts.com --- they stick to everything so put those in the salad bowl too - use like 3 of them they are also a good staple feeder

fcooper

Hatchling Member
Start by finding fruits he really likes , berries & mangos are good starters . Once he has a taste for then add them to a small salad under the veggies that way his intro to veggies is pleasant. Worms in his salad is another option . Worms move the greens .

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adriane_Ezell
Top Bottom