How to Feed Veggies?

LokitheBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thor, Loki (Deceased)
My boy, Thor, is refusing to eat his veggies. He is almost 3 months old, and I have had him for almost 1 month. About a week ago I switched him to a 20 gallon tank so he could grow into that. I have tried cutting up veggies, puree-ing them, whole veggies, and sprinkling bee pollen on them. He just won't eat them. Any suggestions on how I can get him to enjoy veggies?

His current veggies are collard greens and kale.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My boy, Thor, is refusing to eat his veggies. He is almost 3 months old, and I have had him for almost 1 month. About a week ago I switched him to a 20 gallon tank so he could grow into that. I have tried cutting up veggies, puree-ing them, whole veggies, and sprinkling bee pollen on them. He just won't eat them. Any suggestions on how I can get him to enjoy veggies?

His current veggies are collard greens and kale.
Get some BSFL (nutri grubs) and some dubia roaches www.dubiaroaches.com --- feed the BSFL first thing in the morning- feed as many as you want they are a great staple feeder - use the them as lures to the salad bowl you will need a bowl similar to this so they cant get out https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
you can hand feed to get his attention - drop them in the bowl in front of him -- let him eat for awhile out of that bowl then take some of the dubia roaches and drop them in the bowl as well - they will be small enough they cant get out --- here is a website for nutrition Nutrition Content ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder

LokitheBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thor, Loki (Deceased)
I currently feed him Dubai roaches and have tried putting them in his salad bowl. He refuses to eat them then. The only way I have gotten him to eat his veggies his holding him beneath his basking light until he opens up his mouth. Then I put some chopped-up veggies in his mouth. I am just really worried about when I do this because I don't want to burn him or cause him to overheat.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I currently feed him Dubai roaches and have tried putting them in his salad bowl. He refuses to eat them then. The only way I have gotten him to eat his veggies his holding him beneath his basking light until he opens up his mouth. Then I put some chopped-up veggies in his mouth. I am just really worried about when I do this because I don't want to burn him or cause him to overheat.
Yea thats probably not a good idea w/ the basking light thing--- have you tried the BSFL? You want him eating some veggies now- and that is the only way I know to get them to the salad bowl -- get some super worms - medium size 1-3 and use those too along w/ some silk worms
www.reptilianarts.com --- they stick to everything so put those in the salad bowl too - use like 3 of them they are also a good staple feeder

fcooper

Hatchling Member
Start by finding fruits he really likes , berries & mangos are good starters . Once he has a taste for then add them to a small salad under the veggies that way his intro to veggies is pleasant. Worms in his salad is another option . Worms move the greens .

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom