How old for first infertile clutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
I'm feeling a little concerned right now. Miss Priss's urates had a distinctive pink tinge this morning. I've read that can be a sign she's going to lay a clutch (definately infertile, she's barely even been in the same room as our male), but she's only 9 1/2 months old. And very, very small because of neglect before I got her. (10 inches and 45 grams) So is she old enough, or could there be some other reason for the pink? She had cactus and squash in her salad yesterday (and lots and lots of crickets, of course).

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Female beardie bodies are usually very good in knowing what's healthy for them. If it's only 9 months shouldn't be laying anything if they have never mated. I've never heard anything about the tinge being a sign for laying eggs.
Usually the signs are erratic scratching.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
I think it migh've been my frantic posts that you assertained about the pink hormonal discharge?
I cant tell you if this happens for every dragon, but before Dex laid both of her clutches she passed a whitey-pinky 'poop' and two days later each time she laid.
The pink discharge however was always accompanied by an increase in activity and a whole lot of digging.

A baby on the way and a gravid dragon? Yikes you have my sympathy!
I know how worried you must be feeling, Dex has always been slim and a bit of a 'runt' because of her previous husbandry (or lack there of) so I was terrified when she laid, but together we're making it through.

I hope Ms Priss is alright.

Holly

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well, everything's been normal since.. She's always rather active, but wasn't acting particularly agitated, and now she's having a full body shed, so I don't know. I think she's just enjoying watching me fuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom