How often will she lay eggs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltrain

I took over the care of a female beardie in February. It took us a little while but have her care down to what we think is about as good as it gets for a lazy reptile. Anyway, in May or June she laid a clutch of 24 eggs. We provided a lay box and she did so good. She has started up her same symptoms for egg laying yet it has only been 3-4 months. She is about 5-6 years old...previous owner told me she usually laid eggs once or twice a year. She has slowed her eating way down and is begging to get out all the time so she can cruz the halls for a good spot to dig. I got her lay box out again and she dug for a good couple of hours then wanted out. Could she really be getting ready to lay again? I can't feel anything in there but we couldn't the first time we went through this either. She is so spoiled and goofy....she knows how to get let out every day but when she starts digging at the carpet I would think something is up right??

SunshineLollipop

Hatchling Member
Hi - maybe you should put this in the breeding section to get a better response. From what I've read on there, I thought they laid eggs every 20-30 days, for 3 to 4 times? I do know the older they get the less eggs they lay per clutch. Have a glance thru in the breeding section as well to get an idea. It'll be interesting to hear. Has she been with a male?? (just thought I'd ask) - Kathy

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Moved from General Discussion to here so it would get more attention]

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Malibu is almost 2 years this is her first year laying unfertile eggs.She has laid 4 clutches since July.24 eggs each time.She does the same let me out tactic
but she doesn;t settle for just out of her viv she wants outside to run down to the playground & dig & lay.Now its getting cold here in N.H.
I think she is going to lay another clutch as she is showing all of the signs(eating like a juvi)running around the house i am going to get laybox out tomorow
& hope for the best. :) :roll: :?:

ltrain

Original Poster
Thanks for the replys. I am wondering if maybe she wasn't laying eggs as often because she lacked the correct lighting, diet and just about everything else that keeps a beardie healthy and happy. She digs in the lay box for a while each day but then wants out to cruz the house again (Lizzie gets really scared outside). Anyway, now that I know it is possible I'll just wait and watch for the next while......thanks again!!

ltrain

Original Poster
Update for anyone else looking for an answer to this question...
yes, she did lay eggs again so I guess it happens more often than I was told.
Thank goodness I can read the signs that she is ready to lay or I would wonder
if she was right in the head ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom