How often should I give my beardie crickets???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki1292

Now that my beardie Gizmo is older and bigger, 11 months old and about a foot long, my boyfriend who has a beardie said that I should start giving him crickets less often, only every other day or every two days. Is that right? Should I give him crickets less often, more often? He does get a big salad everyday and I don't think that should change. Comments? Ideas?

runningguy

Hatchling Member
Your boyfriends advice sounds good. Or give Gizmo just a few crickets each day. That would be about the same thing at the end of the week.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Hello Nikki, I would still offer the crickets twice a day until about a year and a half. After that I would start offering less protein and more salads! For instance After the year to a year and a half offer the salads first thing in the morning and feeders after lunch! Good luck and just my 2cents.. Any more questions just ask! :D

snowdragon

Hatchling Member
This is a good topic and I would love to hear what others think would be the good age to stop feeding crickets every day and offer salad instead.

fez09

Extreme Poster
I think that most people here agree that offering a few feeders each day is a better option than every other day. As adults I think 35 live feeders per week is what's reccommended...so that's 5 per day as well as fresh salad everyday!

Nikki1292

Original Poster
Thats close to how many I give him now each day, which is 10, sometimes a little more, but rarely less and he LOVES his salads. I think maybe more than his crickets lol. He's a good little eater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom