how often do you handle your beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmcnick

3 times at least (for food), and aside from that, usually 45 minutes or so just so he becomes exposed to being handled for long periods of time. So.. probably about an hour and a half or so (I always take my beardie out of his cage to eat).

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
A lot. Usually in the morning when I wake up, I take Harley out and let her sit on me while I clean her morning poop :p Then she gets her veggies either on me or in her cage, Then in the afternoon, she gets lunch with petting or sitting on me again. Then at dinnertime she gets fed and then either she sits on me while I watch tv or me and the couch or if it's been a busy day of hopping around, she will pass out on me after dinner and sleep till I pick her off me at 10 pm and wrap her up like a burrito in her blanket and put her to bed. Regardless, she gets a lot of attention from everyone and normally isn't alone much.

Feline

I handle my Beardie as much as I can everyday. If I am outdoors doing stuff he is usually on my shoulder or outside basking in his pet tent. Sometimes he will sleep on my chest as I am watching TV at night and we would sleep together like that until morning. He usually gets up before me because it's summer now but he just lays there and looks around. My Beardie was handled quite often when he was young so when I adopted him, he is very docile and tame.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
Wow this post makes me feel bad! I handle mine mostly once a day for about 10 minutes a day. Sometimes more if I am cage cleaning ect.

Apparently I need to make more time for her!

A few times a day on my days off. Not for very long though. He's a little rambunctious. We do make a spot on the bed for him at the end of the day to run around on and he usually snuggles into a pillow and goes to sleep. On work days I don't get to handle him but a few minutes at the end of the day (twelve hours shifts :p ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom