How much per day

Danydee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Odin(if he's a boy)
Ok so I've been feeding my baby beardie (about 2 months old I think) crickets, dubia roaches, bsfl, wax worms, and mealworms. I've been reading that a beardie his age eats 20-50 insects 2-3 times a day. Honestly, that seems a bit excessive. My beardie doesn't eat that much, not because it's not offered, he just doesn't. I just want to know, from experienced beardie owners what yall think is the average amount for a baby beardie to eat per day? Should I be worried because he isn't eating as much as these articles I've read says he should. Also, any tips on getting him to eat salad? I put one in his cage every morning but he never touches it as far as I can tell. He seems like he is starting to get curious about it because I see him go over by it on the camera I have on him but I don't think he has eaten any at all.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so I've been feeding my baby beardie (about 2 months old I think) crickets, dubia roaches, bsfl, wax worms, and mealworms. I've been reading that a beardie his age eats 20-50 insects 2-3 times a day. Honestly, that seems a bit excessive. My beardie doesn't eat that much, not because it's not offered, he just doesn't. I just want to know, from experienced beardie owners what yall think is the average amount for a baby beardie to eat per day? Should I be worried because he isn't eating as much as these articles I've read says he should. Also, any tips on getting him to eat salad? I put one in his cage every morning but he never touches it as far as I can tell. He seems like he is starting to get curious about it because I see him go over by it on the camera I have on him but I don't think he has eaten any at all.
Please no meal worms- the exoskeleton on them is too harsh and can cause impaction - wax worms feed very sparingly they are very fatty and too many and too often can cause liver issues - he needs bugs 3 times per day 20 25 crickets in one feeding- dust calcium d 3 on the crickets or dubias I recommend dubias better feeder- one time per feeding lightly coated - 5 x per week - vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week one time per feeding lightly coated - make sure you have a good uvb- No coils they are inadequate - need help in that dept I can help

Danydee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Odin(if he's a boy)
Please no meal worms- the exoskeleton on them is too harsh and can cause impaction - wax worms feed very sparingly they are very fatty and too many and too often can cause liver issues - he needs bugs 3 times per day 20 25 crickets in one feeding- dust calcium d 3 on the crickets or dubias I recommend dubias better feeder- one time per feeding lightly coated - 5 x per week - vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week one time per feeding lightly coated - make sure you have a good uvb- No coils they are inadequate - need help in that dept I can help
I just bought a new light that you suggested the other day. I just have to clean out the new (bigger) tank I got for him and get it set up which will probably be Wednesday when I'm off work.

Danydee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Odin(if he's a boy)
Ok so did we go over the screen on the tank?
Not yet. You told me to let you know when I got it and was ready to set it up. The tank I'm moving him too currently doesn't have a screen. I had to order one and should get it by Wednesday or Thursday

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom