How many times a day should I feed Bilbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molson

Hey guys! Bilbo is ~3 months old, about 11-11.5 inches long, and getting pretty chubby. Up till now I've been feeding him 3x a day. In the morning he eats about a tablespoon or so of greens (if packed down) along with ~15 large crickets, and then two more feedings of ~15 large crickets through the day. And he's been ramping up the amount he wants to eat very quickly.

I'm looking for a few more opinions on how I should feed him now, since I think he is close to being considered a juvenile as opposed to a baby. I was told by someone that now is a good time to feed him greens in the morning, and then crickets later in the day. I haven't really read of a unanimous feeding schedule in my research, does this seem like a good idea? I was personally leaning towards feeding him crickets and greens in the morning, and just crickets later on in the day. What do you guys think?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Keep up with what you are doing.

Live insects 2-3 times a day is recommended way past 3 months.

Of course, as much salad as he can eat should always be offered too.

-Brandon

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
It doesn't matter if he is going from baby to juvie. They need as much protein as they can get along with salads (80% protein 20% greens), until they are around 18 months. Once they hit 18 months, then you can switch them to 20% protein, 80% greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom