How many superworms for a 7 month old bearded dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 7 month old bearded dragon and he typically eats 5-10 superworms a day when he isnt shedding. He also eats some carrots and I spray him with water every day for hydration. He has water dish too that he sometimes drinks out of. Baths everyday.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't offer that many supers. They should only be offered as a treat as part of a much more varied diet. I'd give him mostly crickets or roaches for bugs and rotate in some silk worms and black soldier fly larvae as main bug diet. For salads, you'll want to keep those as varied as possible. I usually offer 2-3 items per salad and rotate based on what looks fresh at the store each week. This is a good list to reference for some ideas. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
imo NO SUPERS TIL he's at least 1 yr old...

So unless you have another beardie who's at least 12 months old , who i'd never give more than 2 or 3 supers to in a day and only 2 or 3 times a week, set the supers aside , they'll likely stay as worms for several months if you keep on feeding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom