How many BSFL should I feed in a week? How many should I buy? Need help!

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
I want to change to BSFL as a staple. I only have one bearded dragon and she's an adult.

I'm wonder what a good quantity is to start out with and how much she should eat in a week?

I don't want to run out quickly, but I don't want to end up with a bunch of flies either if she can't eat them all.

To those who use it as their staple, about how many do you feed your beardie in a week? I know they're pretty small.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I want to change to BSFL as a staple. I only have one bearded dragon and she's an adult.

I'm wonder what a good quantity is to start out with and how much she should eat in a week?

I don't want to run out quickly, but I don't want to end up with a bunch of flies either if she can't eat them all.

To those who use it as their staple, about how many do you feed your beardie in a week? I know they're pretty small.
The flies are good to feed - it's going to be a guessing amount-- I would start out feeding around 75 and feed 2-3 times per week - see how many she eats at a time- then go from there-- get large of course -

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
The flies are good to feed - it's going to be a guessing amount-- I would start out feeding around 75 and feed 2-3 times per week - see how many she eats at a time- then go from there-- get large of course -
Thanks! Is that about 75 a week, or each feeding? I'm guessing per week since that seems like it'd be a lot otherwise but I just want to make sure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thanks! Is that about 75 a week, or each feeding? I'm guessing per week since that seems like it'd be a lot otherwise but I just want to make sure.
Nope that is each feeding they are a small larvae and it takes a lot of them to feed a adult dragon - like I posted its going to be trial error to see how many she actually eats -- your only feeding once a day for a adult dragon --- and 2-3 times per week - you can also offer meal worms super worms and horn worms as treats 2-3 time per week as well

rubi9229

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pancake
Nope that is each feeding they are a small larvae and it takes a lot of them to feed a adult dragon - like I posted its going to be trial error to see how many she actually eats -- your only feeding once a day for a adult dragon --- and 2-3 times per week - you can also offer meal worms super worms and horn worms as treats 2-3 time per week as well
Okay, thanks so much!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom