How many adult dragons dont eat salad???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LennyTheLizardKing

Juvie Member
Just curious are lots of dragons finicky eaters? When my dragon was a juvie he would polish of bowls of bok choy but now as an adult i'll be lucky if he has 2 bites. Soo many salads down the drain. I have tried collard, kale, dandelion green, kiwi, squash, carrot just about everything on the nutrition guide at beautifuldragons.com
Is your dragon a non salad eater to? very frustrating.

rdoyle

Juvie Member
My female is not eating her salad eather and is sleeping most of the day in her cave. I just stated feeding her ever other day with feeders. I am thinking it mine is going into brumation. Collors greens are cheap and a bunch will last a week if not more befor they go bad.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Not that is is going to be a good answer but I hear they eat less when they get older but I think that is for insects. However maybe it works a bit for greens too.

I second the fact that maybe he is going into brumation. I have found also that my adult beardie eats more of her salad if I shake some in front of her face. I think this may have spoiled her when I started doing that every now and again because I think she almost expects it now.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Dudley will eat his salad daily in the summer, but right before and a month or two after brumation he doesn't want anything to do with it. I'm a little less strict with him around brumation time, but during the summer he doesn't get bugs until he eats his salad!

And for whatever reason, he likes home-grown greens WAY better than store bought. I decided to try growing my own endives, collards, turnip and mustard greens for him, and he loved the little baby sprouts. He wasn't very excited over the store bought ones though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom