How long will it take for a bearded dragon to forget you and what should I get for it and other questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

txv

Original Poster
Hello, so I went on a vacation to my dads city, and here I bought a bearded dragon. But very soon, I'm gonna leave this city. So I was just wondering, will it forget me after 6 months? (I'm the one who always pet it and everything with the help of my brother), and if it does forget you after 6 months, what is the rough estimate of time it will take to forget you. And also, what things do you recommend me to put inside its cage and give to it, also, if it isnt handled a lot will it become less tamed? because right now, it is very very tamed (never bites, never any aggresion, and very chill)

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Hello, so I went on a vacation to my dads city, and here I bought a bearded dragon. But very soon, I'm gonna leave this city. So I was just wondering, will it forget me after 6 months? (I'm the one who always pet it and everything with the help of my brother), and if it does forget you after 6 months, what is the rough estimate of time it will take to forget you. And also, what things do you recommend me to put inside its cage and give to it, also, if it isnt handled a lot will it become less tamed? because right now, it is very very tamed (never bites, never any aggresion, and very chill)
Bearded dragons can learn to recognize their owners, and do so primarily as a food source. While they are generally docile, they do develop preferences for certain people and are more comfortable and trusting when handled and cared for properly.

txv

Original Poster
Bearded dragons can learn to recognize their owners, and do so primarily as a food source. While they are generally docile, they do develop preferences for certain people and are more comfortable and trusting when handled and cared for properly.
Yes, but will it forget me if I leave it with my dad for 6 months?

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
I cant, I just wanna know if it will forget me
Well its more likely to have a stronger bond with the person who looks after it on a regular basis. Is your dad ok with all the work involved with looking after a Beardie? Is he aware of things like changing UV tubes every six months? You mentioned about it losing tameness if not interacted with much. If you think your dad is going to be too busy to devote the time do you think it might be a better option to rehome him with someone who can give your dragon all this?

txv

Original Poster
Well its more likely to have a stronger bond with the person who looks after it on a regular basis. Is your dad ok with all the work involved with looking after a Beardie? Is he aware of things like changing UV tubes every six months? You mentioned about it losing tameness if not interacted with much. If you think your dad is going to be too busy to devote the time do you think it might be a better option to rehome him with someone who can give your dragon all this?
Yes, he is ok with all of it, he will devote time and research things. Because it was mine and my dad's choice to get the beardie. I mentioned it because I was curious, and also I have 1 more question, So as you said it will have a stronger bond right, so because I'm leaving will it lessen the bond? (Thank you for the help btw)

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
Yes, he is ok with all of it, he will devote time and research things. Because it was mine and my dad's choice to get the beardie. I mentioned it because I was curious, and also I have 1 more question, So as you said it will have a stronger bond right, so because I'm leaving will it lessen the bond? (Thank you for the help btw)
He's probably gonna form a strong bond with your dad because he will be the one feeding / looking after him. Thats not to say the next time you visit he wont be happy for you to handle him

Reactions: txv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom