How long is too long for Brumation

ActiveOak

My Bready is in Brumation right now, has been since July. She was showing signs of i at the end of June, to the point I got worried since I wasn’t sure and got her to the Ver in July. He said she was all fine, her weight was good and to try get a poo sample to check for parasites. She hasn’t pooped as she hasn’t eaten. I came to the conclusion she was going into Brumation and did what I’ve come to believe your meant to do. Turn off all the lights, leave her be and give her fresh water everyday in her bowl. But it started in July, and it’s now I’d say half way though October and I’m just getting worried. My room on its own can get very cold, could that be causing this? As of now I’ve just turned on the heat lamp to give the tank a little warmth. Help please

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My Bready is in Brumation right now, has been since July. She was showing signs of i at the end of June, to the point I got worried since I wasn’t sure and got her to the Ver in July. He said she was all fine, her weight was good and to try get a poo sample to check for parasites. She hasn’t pooped as she hasn’t eaten. I came to the conclusion she was going into Brumation and did what I’ve come to believe your meant to do. Turn off all the lights, leave her be and give her fresh water everyday in her bowl. But it started in July, and it’s now I’d say half way though October and I’m just getting worried. My room on its own can get very cold, could that be causing this? As of now I’ve just turned on the heat lamp to give the tank a little warmth. Help please
Please turn on all lights -- she should be coming out of brumation --- what are you using for a UVB coil or a tube ? How are you getting tank temps? Surface basking temps? What are your temps? The cold will keep her in brumation --- please get her out - get a weight on her and offer her water-- does she normally drink from a bowl?

ActiveOak

Original Poster
Please turn on all lights -- she should be coming out of brumation --- what are you using for a UVB coil or a tube ? How are you getting tank temps? Surface basking temps? What are your temps? The cold will keep her in brumation --- please get her out - get a weight on her and offer her water-- does she normally drink from a bowl?
I use tube, as told by others on here. D3 Desert 12% UV-B HO-T5 24 WATT to be exact. Temp is still coming up since I out the heat lamp on, but it’s at 105.4 F on the warm side and 73.6 F on the cool. I never actually see her drink out of it myself, the cam sometimes catches her. By I’ll usually drop some on her nose for it to run down to her mouth and she drinks then.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I use tube, as told by others on here. D3 Desert 12% UV-B HO-T5 24 WATT to be exact. Temp is still coming up since I out the heat lamp on, but it’s at 105.4 F on the warm side and 73.6 F on the cool. I never actually see her drink out of it myself, the cam sometimes catches her. By I’ll usually drop some on her nose for it to run down to her mouth and she drinks then.
Ok get her to drink some water -- weigh her -- is the 105 a surface basking temp or a air temp? How old is the dragon? Adults surface basking temps should be 95-100 ---

ActiveOak

Original Poster
Ok get her to drink some water -- weigh her -- is the 105 a surface basking temp or a air temp? How old is the dragon? Adults surface basking temps should be 95-100 ---okay
Ok get her to drink some water -- weigh her -- is the 105 a surface basking temp or a air temp? How old is the dragon? Adults surface basking temps should be 95-100 ---
Okay. I’ll try. And I believe air temp? The little thermometer thing isn’t actually touching the surface but it’s at the same level as her basking area. Her age is around.. 2-2 and a half

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay. I’ll try. And I believe air temp? The little thermometer thing isn’t actually touching the surface but it’s at the same level as her basking area. Her age is around.. 2-2 and a half
Please use a digital probe thermometer for actual surface basking temps-- where is the UVB and what kind of screen? Fine mesh or a wide hole type - if unsure please post a pic of it -- we need to make sure its properly placed and distanced - how old is the UVB bulb?

ActiveOak

Original Poster
Please use a digital probe thermometer for actual surface basking temps-- where is the UVB and what kind of screen? Fine mesh or a wide hole type - if unsure please post a pic of it -- we need to make sure its properly placed and distanced - how old is the UVB bulb?
The UVB I’d say is only a few months old, and I do have a replacement bulb incase it breaks

Attachments

• A41CD616-2D42-478C-8B63-8A06712505F8.jpeg
    A41CD616-2D42-478C-8B63-8A06712505F8.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 1A4EB9BC-87B6-496A-B2F7-31F99268DF89.jpeg
    1A4EB9BC-87B6-496A-B2F7-31F99268DF89.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 51296101-88FD-4B1B-BB1B-73C5BE4D3951.jpeg
    51296101-88FD-4B1B-BB1B-73C5BE4D3951.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 2760A9E4-1BF9-4374-BEEE-3B7CBE03E44F.jpeg
    2760A9E4-1BF9-4374-BEEE-3B7CBE03E44F.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 0EB92DDF-7A14-4EA6-901A-3AAFD840F76F.jpeg
    0EB92DDF-7A14-4EA6-901A-3AAFD840F76F.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 81248341-720D-4623-8906-7E7AC4F8FB44.jpeg
    81248341-720D-4623-8906-7E7AC4F8FB44.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 9CE5F59E-FC7E-44D2-975B-9474DC163C25.jpeg
    9CE5F59E-FC7E-44D2-975B-9474DC163C25.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 16B691C7-8774-4FA0-8AE6-798CA6CC699E.jpeg
    16B691C7-8774-4FA0-8AE6-798CA6CC699E.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The UVB I’d say is only a few months old, and I do have a replacement bulb incase it breaks
Ok increase the cool side temp to 80's during the day ---- 75 or so is for night time-- the UVB how far is it up--- it needs to be directly over a piece of basking decor 12-15 inches --

ActiveOak

Original Poster
Ok increase the cool side temp to 80's during the day ---- 75 or so is for night time-- the UVB how far is it up--- it needs to be directly over a piece of basking decor 12-15 inches --
From what I could get it’s 14-15 inches from her basking spot

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
My Bready is in Brumation right now, has been since July. She was showing signs of i at the end of June, to the point I got worried since I wasn’t sure and got her to the Ver in July. He said she was all fine, her weight was good and to try get a poo sample to check for parasites. She hasn’t pooped as she hasn’t eaten. I came to the conclusion she was going into Brumation and did what I’ve come to believe your meant to do. Turn off all the lights, leave her be and give her fresh water everyday in her bowl. But it started in July, and it’s now I’d say half way though October and I’m just getting worried. My room on its own can get very cold, could that be causing this? As of now I’ve just turned on the heat lamp to give the tank a little warmth. Help pleas

Hmy i

My Bready is in Brumation right now, has been since July. She was showing signs of i at the end of June, to the point I got worried since I wasn’t sure and got her to the Ver in July. He said she was all fine, her weight was good and to try get a poo sample to check for parasites. She hasn’t pooped as she hasn’t eaten. I came to the conclusion she was going into Brumation and did what I’ve come to believe your meant to do. Turn off all the lights, leave her be and give her fresh water everyday in her bowl. But it started in July, and it’s now I’d say half way though October and I’m just getting worried. My room on its own can get very cold, could that be causing this? As of now I’ve just turned on the heat lamp to give the tank a little warmth. Help pmy Lease

Hi

Tonilee

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Ragnar
Hi my bearded dragon went into brumation about that time as well and he is still in it now. I have left his lights on but put them down to 10 hours now. He does get up and goes under his basking spot for some heat maybe about an hour then goes back to sleep for a week. When he has been awake I do offer him food but he does refuse that's how I know he isn't done. He has been in and out of sleep for 7 weeks tomorrow  I also make sure he has water every 2 days to keep him hydrated. I weighed him thr last time he was awake and he had only lost 10grams which is nothing that's how I know he isn't sick and just brumating. I just wish he would be done already cause I miss him lots but I know he might be in this for a while still . It's a very worrying time and very stressful just need to let them do there own thing. Also ragnars feet are looking very dull think they are about to shed but I can't help him cause I can bath him. He is still very sleepy but was awake for 4 days and went back to sleep. I have been told he will be like that all winter I live in Scotland so gets very cold here.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi my bearded dragon went into brumation about that time as well and he is still in it now. I have left his lights on but put them down to 10 hours now. He does get up and goes under his basking spot for some heat maybe about an hour then goes back to sleep for a week. When he has been awake I do offer him food but he does refuse that's how I know he isn't done. He has been in and out of sleep for 7 weeks tomorrow  I also make sure he has water every 2 days to keep him hydrated. I weighed him thr last time he was awake and he had only lost 10grams which is nothing that's how I know he isn't sick and just brumating. I just wish he would be done already cause I miss him lots but I know he might be in this for a while still . It's a very worrying time and very stressful just need to let them do there own thing. Also ragnars feet are looking very dull think they are about to shed but I can't help him cause I can bath him. He is still very sleepy but was awake for 4 days and went back to sleep. I have been told he will be like that all winter I live in Scotland so gets very cold here.
They should not brumate longer than 3 months-- does he drink from a bowl? Keep an eye on the weight please

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom