How long does your beardie bask during day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Freyja is 14 months old now does not like to bask. only like 2 hours out of the day I'm concerned a little bit not sure what I could change temperatures are good and uvb is placed perfectly and Decor wise is better than ever. so I was curious does anyone elses beardies only bask here and there or is this gonna be a problem long term? thank you ahead of time for your inputs friends.

THE LONGFELLOWS

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

On average, your dragon should bask for a good portion of the day, at least 6 hours. We
can review your tank setup if you need, to be sure the lighting is correct.
Could he be slowing down to brumate?

Tracie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I have no idea she’s my first beardie and hasn’t brumated yetsimce we got her. My house is not cold and the cool side is usually around 80 so I don’t see why she would be doing that quite yet. I have a 75 w arcadia hologen flood and a arcadia 12% t5 it’s a pvc viv and lots of shade. She poops like once a week now too sometimes even a lil longer. Also how often should i feed bugs now. Salad I know at this point is biggest part of the diet and worry cause she doesn’t seem to eat a lot of bugs these days. Here’s her setup

109225-2645351170.jpg

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah she sits under the light like 2 hours a day now I don’t know why everything is good husbandry wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom