How long do you keep your beardie out (in the house)?

Fudge

Thank you so much! This information is beyond helpful. Now that I have my front door enclosure, I think I will leave it open as part of the training. When Rocky feels comfortable, she will be able to enter and exit as she pleases.
There's another benefit to the playpen because when I visit my parent's house, I will take it with us and she will feel somewhat at home. I had her sleep in it as well so it wont be too much.

Again, I thank you for this because the cardboard tip is something I would never have thought of!
Whoops...She (Many apologies Rocky).
Sounds like the two of you are going to do just great.
Playpen sounds a great idea for travel....hmmmm maybe pinch that idea 😄

Fudge

a pool noodle might work for the cardboard under the couch too. our house is ancient and there is a huge gap under the doors in my office. sir henry figured out he could do a mad dash and fit right under them. (cause the living room and kitchen must be amazing if he's not allowed out there, right???!!!) took a noodle and split it length wise on one side and have it wrapped around the bottom of each door. problem solved!
View attachment 71607
Excellent idea...omg pool noodles...so simple now that you've told us! New mission...mug some bairns for their noodles (only joking... I'll snatch and grab) seriously though I will use those for future barriers...Thanks for that.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Whoops...She (Many apologies Rocky).
Sounds like the two of you are going to do just great.
Playpen sounds a great idea for travel....hmmmm maybe pinch that idea 😄
No worries on the she...I call Rocky HE ALL of the time. There's a post somewhere how I had the name before I had the pet:sneaky: We are doing great. Although I tried to see if I could extend her bedtime by 1 hour and whew, that didn't go well. She tore her enclosure up! I had no clue as to what was happening then it hit me. As soon as I cut the light off, boom, she went right to sleep. Bearded Dragons are the most fascinating pets that I've ever owned. The lack of 'verbal' communication keeps you on your toes but boy, they'll tell you what they want:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Snicker Doodle is so rambunctious just before bedtime my girlfriend has started calling her Snicker Monster lol.
But like turning a light switch she goes from that to can't get under my chin fast enough to snuggle in. She is like Jeckle and Hyde lol

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom