how long did it take you to get rid of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Coccidia- in small amounts, is necessary for digestion? Am i correct? If a count is high, the result for the beardie prior to medication is loss of appetite or do they eat more? I'm concerned Stripes might have coccidia or another digestive problem- so I'm wondering if there is any typical behaviors for any of the different infections? ie: loss of appetite due to _____________ or an increase in appetite because of ________________

KairaandTaz08

Juvie Member
JailBirdStripes":48fb5 said:
So Coccidia- in small amounts, is necessary for digestion? Am i correct? If a count is high, the result for the beardie prior to medication is loss of appetite or do they eat more? I'm concerned Stripes might have coccidia or another digestive problem- so I'm wondering if there is any typical behaviors for any of the different infections? ie: loss of appetite due to _____________ or an increase in appetite because of ________________
What are Stripes symptoms? No, coccidia in small amounts is usually normal, but it doesn't help with digestion...and a small amount can turn into a large amount for a number of reasons. For example, if they are exposed to slight stress. Coccidia is usually found in their digestive tracts, naturally, but it's not a "good" thing...at all really. It depends on the beardie as to how they react to a high coccidia level. Some are able to "regulate" it themselves and get their systems back to normal, but some can't do it on there own and you should always take the necessary precautions to prevent a spike in the levels (clean up poop as soon as you see it, have a fecal done every 6 months or if you're seeing problems...sooner, I do a lot more to keep Kaira coccidia free (Taz is still fighting it), but won't go into detail). Appetite will usually decrease if the counts are too high and from the medication, not increase, but that's in really bad cases and really depends on the beardie, medication, dosage, preventative care, etc. An increase in appetite isn't a bad thing...that I've ever heard of. Many things can cause a decrease in appetite though, some very serious, some are as simple as going through a shed. You can send me a PM if you want me to go into more detail about coccidia, but without knowing the symptoms you're seeing, I can't help much except to say take Stripes to the vet and have them checked out.
Hope that helped a bit, like I said, I (we) would need more details to help determine what might be going on.
Abi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom