How does my dragon's size compare to others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsickle18

Juvie Member
What size/weight are your dragons? Many fellow dragon owners who see my boy in person express how large he is! I went to the expo today and all of the adults that were there in those containers were so much smaller than Kenny. I showed some pictures to some breeders at the show and they thought Kenny was very big too! He is 17.5 inches long and 680 grams, and that's missing quite a bit of tail. He is a rescue, which is where his injuries occurred, and I know nothing about his genetics. It is hard for me to get a bearing on how big he is compared to others so what do you all think?

Any comment would be greatly appreciated! I am super curious.

70926-7223706227.jpg
70926-1075270572.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I have a few dragons, between 18-22" , the 22" is the heaviest around 620 grams. Yours is a big boy, I think if he had his entire tail he'd be in the 21-23" range. Dezismom has one of the biggest, if not THE biggest on this forum, Dezi is about 25" in length if I'm not mistaken. She'll correct me if she sees this. :)

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
My boy Levi is a little hefty as well. He is around 18" and weighs about 510g ( as of last week, so possibly less/more now ).

But Kenny really is a big guy haha

86278-8502328433.jpg

Redleg

Great looking Beardie, OP. The truncated tail just gives him character. He looks like a bigger than average guy. My last full grown girl was 21 inches. Yours looks like he'd be bigger than that if his tail was not slightly truncated.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
He's a big boy , a great example of a beardie in prime health and condition.

Puff was nudging 640g , Rex is about 650g.

You sure know you have a lizard on you when you are having a snuggle , even more so when Rex decides to head for the back the neck or up on head .

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I know off a 700g beardie , no it's just a regular central , not a German Giant (they aren't found here in Australia).

I have a friend who has a big male eastern water dragon , it's just under 2kg and behaves just like a pet beardie.

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2txyykua said:
I have a few dragons, between 18-22" , the 22" is the heaviest around 620 grams. Yours is a big boy, I think if he had his entire tail he'd be in the 21-23" range. Dezismom has one of the biggest, if not THE biggest on this forum, Dezi is about 25" in length if I'm not mistaken. She'll correct me if she sees this. :)

That's the range I was thinking he would be as well! Woah 25 inches is big!!!

GoneForLunch":2txyykua said:
My boy Levi is a little hefty as well. He is around 18" and weighs about 510g ( as of last week, so possibly less/more now ).

But Kenny really is a big guy haha

86278-8502328433.jpg

Aww great looking dragon! Is he full grown or still growing? :) Yeah, I never realized that Kenny was as big as he is until others have been saying it so much recently!

kingofnobbys":2txyykua said:
He's a big boy , a great example of a beardie in prime health and condition.

Puff was nudging 640g , Rex is about 650g.

You sure know you have a lizard on you when you are having a snuggle , even more so when Rex decides to head for the back the neck or up on head .

Aww thank you! I worked hard to bring his weight up and have him healthy so hearing that is very nice. His temperament is wonderful too, such a sweet boy with a rough past. He was in an abandoned place in Philly in a 20 gallon with another male, no food, malnourished, and both fought quite a bit.

Redleg":2txyykua said:
Great looking Beardie, OP. The truncated tail just gives him character. He looks like a bigger than average guy. My last full grown girl was 21 inches. Yours looks like he'd be bigger than that if his tail was not slightly truncated.

Thank you! Yes, I love him the way he is and character is there for sure. You had a big girl! Yeah, I wonder what he would be with his full tail. If not for a terrible abandonment/cohab situation he would be 100% there. His missing back toes cause him to be a little clumsy getting off of things and gripping but besides that he is doing great!

kingofnobbys":2txyykua said:
I know off a 700g beardie , no it's just a regular central , not a German Giant (they aren't found here in Australia).

I have a friend who has a big male eastern water dragon , it's just under 2kg and behaves just like a pet beardie.

German Giants are an interesting conversation and have come up when talking about Kenny before. It was my understanding that they have pretty much been bred out and there are not many left, if any at all. However, how German Giants started was putting together very large bearded dragons and having them breed so I don't understand why people have not pursued creating the German Giants again. Maybe there aren't many very large dragons out there to find, match together, and breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom