How do you guys carry your beared dragons around in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reina_de_Dragones

I have a 4 year old female bearded dragon, Astarte. She's calm, and doesn't move around much. Always wanting to stay near me.
I don't plan on doing this anytime soon, I'm just curious.
I know some people keep them on their shoulders, but I've got an abnormally small frame, so my shoulders are very narrow, and she won't use her nails on me at all. So she'll just slide off.

I've put her in a sling before, and she seemed to love it. She slept lol

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
I have a 4 year old female bearded dragon, Astarte. She's calm, and doesn't move around much. Always wanting to stay near me.
I know some people keep them on their shoulders, but I've got an abnormally small frame, so my shoulders are very narrow, and she won't use her nails on me at all. So she'll just slide off.

Don't know if it'll help since she doesn't use her claws, but sometimes I carry mine on my chest with a hand supporting just in case. He's also fine just kind of chilling on my forearm. Sling sounds like a good idea if you want your hands free.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Because both my guys are Pygmy’s, I have a carry container that I use for them. Sometimes, if they are lucky, they can sleep in my pockets! For Astarte, I suggest to use the sling, or get a beardie harness for her.

fcooper

Hatchling Member
I will carry mine on my shoulder but I always keep a hand on her because she will try to slide down my back and jump off

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I wrap mines in a towel forming a flap at the towel so he not only has room to breathe out of but I can easily cover/uncover his head.

DonnaG

A sling is a good idea, I used to carry my children in slings; but, you could try a pet stroller as well, like the one in this picture: https://www.precious-pets-paradise....e/pet-gear-nv-pet-stroller-skyline-closed.jpg

Xjrosie

Hatchling Member
I put a harness and a leash on Thor, when I'm holding him, he likes to rest against my heart, and I put my hand over his back to secure him. I always keep a hand on him, because he likes to take random flying leaps when least expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom