How do you get cats to like a baby beardie?

Fish&BeardedDragonLover

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Bartholomew
I've had my beardie for a month now and my 2-year-old cat shelly keeps on STALKING him. Like jumping on top of the tank and stalking him. And I've been closing my room door but she keeps on breaking in. Any tips to stop this?

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I've had my beardie for a month now and my 2-year-old cat shelly keeps on STALKING him. Like jumping on top of the tank and stalking him. And I've been closing my room door but she keeps on breaking in. Any tips to stop this?
An automated air sprayer for the top of the tank, motion activated. You can add double sided tape which cats hate to touch on top of the enclosure.

If you have trouble shutting the door put an alarm on the door so you know it's open. Like this door alarm .

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I think with cats you either have a cat who doesn't care about the beardie or the cat does care - for hunting them. You don't get to choose your cat. Your cat cannot unlearn hunting instincts. You need to protect your beardie and keep a separation between them at all times.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom