How do you exercise your Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maytes

Hatchling Member
I tried to throw my dog rope-ball for Constanople to fetch it-that failed.I brought him up to my High School track-he just sunned himself.I bought a baby mouse-the mouse was too fast.I put a leash on him and jogged-that failed.I even bought a hamster wheel-he got into it,but that was it.Any ideas....

Eljay

Hatchling Member
I'm not sure I really get you tbh.

They dont need loads and loads of exercise. I let Yoshi out for a run in the living room every day for about an hour, but thats it. thats all they need???!!

maytes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have seen many adult BD way too fat,ugly.Mine is sub-adult but a great body-14" but not fat.I do not overfeed.

Eljay

Hatchling Member
right.....your point being?

if yours isn't overweight then you don't need to over exercise it?

hockeyballz30

Sub-Adult Member
in reality, it is better that these guys are fat...it means they are healthy, its the type of lizard they are...short and stocky. Unless you are feeding strictly waxworms and no veggies than being fat for a dragon means being healthy.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your original post is confusing, what point(s) are you trying to make? Or, is this meant to be a joke?

LilStinkpot

Juvie Member
:lol: Ha ha ha!

Naw, I don't think OP was seriously expecting his beardie to fetch a ball. But he sure did get our attention, which is exactly what he wanted. :mrgreen:

SO! Think of a bearded dragon being kinda like a scaly pig. Built to carry a LOT of fat without any adverse effects. They also don't really move around much. IIRC, they spend much of they day basking, punctuated by an hour or so of rooting around for munchies, and maybe a short sprint after an um-cooperative snack.

We can easily re-create this short period of activity by letting our beardie roam around the house for a bit. For variety, we could also go to the park, being very careful that the dragon doesn't eat anything it shouldn't.

MY beardie exercise's put in the sink put enough in till they float and she will swing her arms and legs. And yes i watch my baby the whole time she is swimming. Need to get a video of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom