How do I know if my beardie has passed?

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
My beardie has been ill for a long time and I think today he has finally passed away. He is completely limp and did not react when I put my finger in his mouth. I just want to be 100% sure before I prepare him to be cremated. Thank you.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry about your dragon. :cry: That is an awful thing to have to go through.
You should be able to see his sides go in & out, if you watch closely enough. If he
hasn't moved at all, you can try flipping him on his back to see if you get any type
of reaction from him. If not, then he has likely passed.

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

I am so sorry about your dragon. :cry: That is an awful thing to have to go through.
You should be able to see his sides go in & out, if you watch closely enough. If he
hasn't moved at all, you can try flipping him on his back to see if you get any type
of reaction from him. If not, then he has likely passed.

Tracie
Yes he passed. I may not have been ready but he was. Thank you you have always been a tremendous help. I do plan on getting another but I will not make the mistake of buying one from a corporation petstore again.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
Yes he passed. I may not have been ready but he was. Thank you you have always been a tremendous help. I do plan on getting another but I will not make the mistake of buying one from a corporation petstore again.
I am so very sorry. Hugs. The pain is so real when they pass... I believe with all my heart, that he is in a peaceful place.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
I am so very sorry. Hugs. The pain is so real when they pass... I believe with all my heart, that he is in a peaceful place.
Thank you. Me as well. Unfortunately I did most of my mourning when he was still here but now I'm just happy he is no longer in pain. You and everyone else on here have always been a great help.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom