How do I help my beardie grow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anie-and-matilda

Original Poster
I have an 11-month-old beardie named Matilda (Tilly for short) and I'm really concerned that she is extremely small for her age. I measured her this morning and she's about 13 inches and 129 grams. From what I've seen online she is way smaller than what she is supposed to be. I want to know how I can get her to grow, In both weight and length. Is it too late for her to grow? Will she have bone or organ problems in the future? What do I have to get to help her grow, food and supplement-wise? Thank you!

Diet:
I feed her 2-3 times a day mostly dubias but I just bought waxworms a week or so ago to help her gain weight and have been feeding those to her along with the roaches.
I give her salad with baby greens, carrots, and red cabbage about every other day.

Tank Setup:
Her tank is a 50 gallon, and she has an 18" 15 watts T8 Reptisun UVB, and her basking spot temps (measured with a probe thermometer) are always between 95-110 degrees F.

I'm open to buying, changing, or adding anything for her to make sure my baby is healthy:cry:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have an 11-month-old beardie named Matilda (Tilly for short) and I'm really concerned that she is extremely small for her age. I measured her this morning and she's about 13 inches and 129 grams. From what I've seen online she is way smaller than what she is supposed to be. I want to know how I can get her to grow, In both weight and length. Is it too late for her to grow? Will she have bone or organ problems in the future? What do I have to get to help her grow, food and supplement-wise? Thank you!

Diet:
I feed her 2-3 times a day mostly dubias but I just bought waxworms a week or so ago to help her gain weight and have been feeding those to her along with the roaches.
I give her salad with baby greens, carrots, and red cabbage about every other day.

Tank Setup:
Her tank is a 50 gallon, and she has an 18" 15 watts T8 Reptisun UVB, and her basking spot temps (measured with a probe thermometer) are always between 95-110 degrees F.

I'm open to buying, changing, or adding anything for her to make sure my baby is healthy:cry:
Sounds like your on the right track but I would not feed anymore red cabbage here is a website to help ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder Nutrition Content
Please lay off the wax worms its like feeding candy to them - they should be fed very sparingly I would get her some other worms like horn -- super -- butter if you can find them or BSFL-- those are a great staple feeder and a great salad topper -- dubias are great feeder -- please start feeding salads every day the UVB is in the tank or top of screen -- this is very important-- as long as shes got a good diet and good basking temps along w/ good UVB she should grow and yes she will continue to grow so dont fret --- they also grow at their own rate and their genetics as well --

anie-and-matilda

Original Poster
Sounds like your on the right track but I would not feed anymore red cabbage here is a website to help ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder Nutrition Content
Please lay off the wax worms its like feeding candy to them - they should be fed very sparingly I would get her some other worms like horn -- super -- butter if you can find them or BSFL-- those are a great staple feeder and a great salad topper -- dubias are great feeder -- please start feeding salads every day the UVB is in the tank or top of screen -- this is very important-- as long as shes got a good diet and good basking temps along w/ good UVB she should grow and yes she will continue to grow so dont fret --- they also grow at their own rate and their genetics as well --
The UVB is on top of the screen, for now, I can't figure out how to mount it on the inside without taking up the space for her basking spot. Thank you so much!! 😁😁

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The UVB is on top of the screen, for now, I can't figure out how to mount it on the inside without taking up the space for her basking spot. Thank you so much!! 😁😁
It does not matter if it sits next to her basking bulb shes going to go to the light she needs and she needs it in the tank or unbobstructed
please take your screen off - you can set the UVB width wise on the tank and butt the screen up to the UVB fixture on one end of your tank or you can use these to get it in the tank https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
this is like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around your fixture - I use them and they work great

anie-and-matilda

Original Poster
It does not matter if it sits next to her basking bulb shes going to go to the light she needs and she needs it in the tank or unbobstructed
please take your screen off - you can set the UVB width wise on the tank and butt the screen up to the UVB fixture on one end of your tank or you can use these to get it in the tank https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
this is like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around your fixture - I use them and they work great
Just added it to the shopping list! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom