How can I make my baby bearded dragon drink more water?

CColeman

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charizard
Please help. I recently got a baby bearded dragon, he’s about 3 month old now. I’ve had him for a few weeks and he was doing fine. But now he’s absolutely refusing to drink water. He’s eating fine but just not drinking. I’ve given him baths, he just sits there, he probably doesn’t like them. I’ve tried to use the syringe method, he doesn’t open his mouth for the water, and he doesn’t lick it off his lips. I mist his vegetables but I heard that that’s not enough water to keep them hydrated. He seems healthy but I just wanna make sure. What can I do to have him drink more water?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please help. I recently got a baby bearded dragon, he’s about 3 month old now. I’ve had him for a few weeks and he was doing fine. But now he’s absolutely refusing to drink water. He’s eating fine but just not drinking. I’ve given him baths, he just sits there, he probably doesn’t like them. I’ve tried to use the syringe method, he doesn’t open his mouth for the water, and he doesn’t lick it off his lips. I mist his vegetables but I heard that that’s not enough water to keep them hydrated. He seems healthy but I just wanna make sure. What can I do to have him drink more water?
Dragons will drink when thirsty and they dont drink a lot of water anyway- if your misting his veggies and hes eating them hes doing fine - they dont need a lot of baths - keep an eye on his poop that is going to tell you if hes dehydrated - good poop is dark firm and moist - urate is formed white and moist - if the urate is dry and chalky hes dehydrated

CColeman

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Charizard
Dragons will drink when thirsty and they dont drink a lot of water anyway- if your misting his veggies and hes eating them hes doing fine - they dont need a lot of baths - keep an eye on his poop that is going to tell you if hes dehydrated - good poop is dark firm and moist - urate is formed white and moist - if the urate is dry and chalky hes dehydrated
Ok, thanks so much. His poop is firm and moist, so that just took a lot of worry of my shoulders 😁

Tango&Ca$h

Beardie name(s)
Tango and Ca$h
Sounds like ur doing fine hun... he's getting all the love he needs, he will be fine and yes I agree just watch the poop... ur doing great u adorable worried beardie parent.

KarmaMoon

Beardie name(s)
Nova
Sounds like you are doing things right. just keep it up, and dont stop the baths. even if you down to once a week. it gives them a chance to drink if they want.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
My 2 beardies are bougee. They won’t drink regular water but will drink flavored water. I just add the reptisafe to a bottle and fill their bowls with it.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom