Hot room with basking light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaymurgo

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
So I just got a juvenile bearded dragon, and right now my room is comfortable temperature anywhere around 76-85° But now this summer we get heat waves of around 100-110 degrees and I do not have air conditioning, so my room sometimes heats up quiet high around 90-102 but I’m worried it will be too hot for my dragon, I just bought him the repti zoo air fan, but I don’t want to turn off his basking light the whole summer, so my question is what more can I do so he stays cool, and also should I leave his basking light off completely or buy him a 50w one to not add tons more heat in his tank?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow those are really hot room temps! In your case, it may be best to use a low wattage incandescent as mentioned in the previous post. Measure the surface temps that produces and adjust based on that. Having an adjustable lamp stand can help you change temps by raising/lowering the basking light more easily. If the surface temps are still getting too hot, you may just want to have a setup that uses a good UVB light and an LED array like what ZooMed and Arcadia have on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom