horn worms turn white

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been buying hornworms for a while and i keep noticing some of the worm turn a more white idk if this is 100% true but they also seem to move less and seem to be less lively i looked it up on google and couldn't find anything on hornworm sicknesses if they are sick how do i prevent it and can my bearded dragon still eat them they come with mulberry paste but i often give them grapes blueberries romane lettuce and asparagus and pretty much anything i would give my bearded dragon

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I would probably not feed any romaine as it doesn't have enough nutrition for the hornworms.
I would mostly stick with the chow, since it is nutritionally designed for them.
Do you have pictures of them you could post for us?
What temperatures are you keeping them at?

Tracie

TurtugaTom

Original Poster
Drache613":lpacqzdl said:
Hello,

I would probably not feed any romaine as it doesn't have enough nutrition for the hornworms.
I would mostly stick with the chow, since it is nutritionally designed for them.
Do you have pictures of them you could post for us?
What temperatures are you keeping them at?

Tracie
next time i get a batch if any are white i will post a picture but usually at least one or two are white last time they were all babies so i had to grow them they were all normal till the last three for some reason they grew slower i don't think they were white originally but i know by the time they were the last ones left they were (while typing this i just realized they could be shedding cause i've seen then shed pretty often and it would make sense why if a couple look white it doesn't spread) but still were growing at a decent pace and there not completely white either its just a tint but a quite noticeable tint my house stays relatively cold from 70 -95 (there is a wide gradient cause i live arizona and my siblings tend to leave the door open often) but the majority of the time it is 70-80 depending how hot it is outside. and yea i thought so to about the chow is better but my mom says they need variety so i have to give them more (its not worth the argument she doesn't believe any of the petstore people cause they didn't even know correct facts about bearded dragons) are there any specific things that could be as good or beter as the mulberry chow i know they live on tomato plants but from what i've read bearded dragons shouldn't have very much tomato because of the acid. i was wondering if fungus could grow on them i empty there poop daily cause online it says that will cause moisture build up i also remove the vegetables and fruits after one or two days and in arizona it is very dry so i dont think thats the problem but maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom