Homemade Bridge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
I got around to making a bridge for BeeGee because I recently redid his viv and I feel as though he can't get as close to the UVB as he'd like to so this is what I came up with. I used sisal rope and I bought 36" oak "dowels" although they're square so idk what that's called. I drilled holes in them, sanded them and wove the rope through and tied it. It came out pretty well. If he doesn't use it I can always just give it to my grandmas bird haha. It's not much compared to some of the awesome stuff on here but I figured I'd post anyway. Also I haven't been on in almost a year so I figured I'd update.

Adding in a pic of my best boy who is now three :)

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster

here you are. As you can see I knotted the sisal twice. That way the dowels don't move around freely.

jasond02

here is one I made.....

temporary_zpsdfc09123.jpg

I use little nuts in between the dowels.

jasond02

thanks! I started to use little black beads but couldn't find none so I went with nuts instead. Making another one later today for my other beardie's tank.

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Awesome! I was thinking about making one out of bamboo poles but I'm not sure if they'll splinter or not. I was also thinking of staining it next time but the stain might irritate the beardie? I'm not too sure.

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
ok its a liiiiitttlllle late but what sized dowels did you use and whats the length of each cut up dowel? ^^

SoleSky

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I believe I used 3/4" but cut them out 5" because my guy is a little bigger. He has yet to use it ;/ Ill just give it to my bird if he doesn't haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom